[FT] Hearts 2 - 0 Rangers

Our budget is above Hearts because we have twice or thrice their crowds and all. We paid an average of 125k per player in this current squad, and you only get a certain quality for that. How often does this need repeating? Obviously, everyone is invited to come up with his wishlist at the same price level, i.e. veteran or not-so-veteran freebies.

At the end of the day, Hearts are one of the in-form sides at the moment, while we are toiling badly. A perfect time for them to play us, very inopportune for us to present as lacklustre a display as this one, apparently (as I did not see it). Somesuch has happened before and will happen again.

It does have some good, as it is a wake-up call for all those who still thought that "us being Rangers" means that we have a right to win and dominate the rest of the league, no matter the actual quality of the personnell on display. Likewise,it is a stark signal to the players that they must improve, or else. And finally, it might be a blessing in disguise, as the board will note that certain things need to be done in January.

BTW, what's all this rubbish about worst performances. If people watch the game for 40 or 60odd years, they sure have not forgotten our displays under McCoist and McDowell. And I know without having seen any clips from tonight that this game was sure not as bad as the ones in those days.

NB: I do concur (likewise without having seen the game) with the notion that we should change our style of play according to the people we have and the teams we play. Likewise, as has been said, we need a leader on the park. Would be hard pressed to remember the last time we really had one.

Joey Barton?

Joey Barton?

... exactly.

Watched the highlights and they don't give away much about the performance as such. Very poor marking twice for their goals, Dodoo very unlucky not to get that goal (and it was not because any offside but because Harry was "irritating" the goalie due to his presence ... though I doubt it would have changed the outcome if he had not been there), same with the header near the end. BTW, if it was ruled off-side, its a joke. And speaking of similar games, the Yahoos got an even worse goal with their player yards offside and right in front of the goalie earlier this season, might actually have been against Hearts. Just saying.

Err,we were unbeaten in seven,we were in the best form of the season,thank god.

I shudder to think what would have happened if we had been in poor form.

It is always rather absurd when people twist the same arguments to their agenda and how it pleases them most. If we play badly and get results (i.e. stay unbeaten), "we still played badly". If we play bad and get beaten, "we are in the best form of the season because 'we were unbeaten'".

It is always rather absurd when people twist the same arguments to their agenda and how it pleases them most. If we play badly and get results (i.e. stay unbeaten), "we still played badly". If we play bad and get beaten, "we are in the best form of the season because 'we were unbeaten'".

You started it .

Im willing to accept,if celtic hadnt scored five goals against us at parkhead,we would have won 1-0.

We played shyte that day, gave them a hand in two goals and had two people sent off before the last two. Today we apparently just played shyte. Happens.

Meanwhile ... spot the difference to today:

[video=youtube;_JYT-rzhDSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JYT-rzhDSI

We played shyte that day, gave them a hand in two goals and had two people sent off before the last two. Today we apparently just played shyte. Happens.

Meanwhile ... spot the difference to today:

[video=youtube;_JYT-rzhDSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JYT-rzhDSI

We had one sent off - Senderos. Kiernan went off injured and was replaced by Forrester rather than Hill who was on the bench. At that point we were down 3-1 and were reduced to 10 men 3 minutes later when Senderos was sent off. The game was lost but rather than trying to avoid a humiliation by going 4-4-1 our manager decided to go 3-3-3 with Tavernier, Barton and Wallace at the back. IMHO Barton performed heroically as an auxiliary CB but could not prevent the final two goals.