[FT] Hearts 2 - 0 Rangers

Its too early to be calling for the manager to go as he deserves a bit more time but I cant understand why he doesn't see the tactics need to change, that's concerning.

He has to scrap this 4-3-3. Its to easy to play against when we don't have the right personnel. We have to switch to 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-2 (4-1-3-2). Even 3-5-2 would suit our squad better but this 4-3-3 doesn't work with square pegs round holes.

He also has to let Tavernier off the leash going forward again.

Basing my thoughts on his refusal to change tactics. The whole Barton saga. The Waghorn, dare I say saga? I feel our manager is a very stubborn man who is great to have onside but a hell to have against you. Given that all his team changes have also been what supporters and the media have been shouting such as dropping Garner, I wonder if he reads too many newspapers and bases his team on the reaction.

This may be controversial, but I don't blame the manager for tonight's performance - there was nothing he could have done.

Tonight's performance lies 100% at the feet of the players - they were totally dire.

They are supposed to be professional footballers, yet were completely incapable of passing to their own team. There was no movement, vision enthusiasm, energy or skill (of ANY sort). They weren't even a close 2nd to every ball - they were lucky to be 3rd to each ball (and that's being generous).

Once the players cross the touchline, the manager's influence is limited. I'm actually convinced that we didn't even have 11 players on the pitch.

This may be controversial, but I don't blame the manager for tonight's performance - there was nothing he could have done.

Tonight's performance lies 100% at the feet of the players - they were totally dire.

They are supposed to be professional footballers, yet were completely incapable of passing to their own team. There was no movement, vision enthusiasm, energy or skill (of ANY sort). They weren't even a close 2nd to every ball - they were lucky to be 3rd to each ball (and that's being generous).

Once the players cross the touchline, the manager's influence is limited. I'm actually convinced that we didn't even have 11 players on the pitch.

we've been atrocious all season long and for some time before that.

joey fucking barton.

It is good you put tonight in your first sentence otherwise you could have been describing every game since we won the championship.

Basing my thoughts on his refusal to change tactics. The whole Barton saga. The Waghorn, dare I say saga? I feel our manager is a very stubborn man who is great to have onside but a hell to have against you. Given that all his team changes have also been what supporters and the media have been shouting such as dropping Garner, I wonder if he reads too many newspapers and bases his team on the reaction.

You may have a point. He has done the opposite of what almost everyone in football does - have a challenging lifestyle and career first then the luxury of football after.

As for Waghorn, Im baffled on this one and want to see him back in the team.

Well with Aberdeen and Hearts being the next 2 games that could be decisive. I think every Bear expects a huge reaction and performance on Saturday.

Losing either of these could be the end for him unfortunately.

The only thing hing that can save him now is to change the system. We need 5 in MF which means a 3-5-2 or 4-5-1.

I'd prefer 3-5-2 with Wallace & Tavernier out wide with the aim of delivering balls into the he box for Garner & Dodoo up front. That means no Kenny Miller who was truly awful tonight

Absolutely dreadful can't even begin to list our faults far too many.Terrible pitch did not help.

I am quickly losing faith in the manager as he IMO is not capable of changing his tactics which are so easy to negate.

Will turn up for game v sheep but might have hands covering my eyes if this performance is repeated.

That's only two days away!! Good grief, on that note, I'm off! Can't wait for Saturday...............