Neil McCann on MW Summer Signings

I have often said top3 will be a bonus.

Regards comments on Garner there is a decent footballer in there but hopefully Warburton will use him properly and not do what McCoist did to Boyd

who was never a target man but used in that way destroying one of the best penalty box strikers in his time.

I have often said top3 will be a bonus.

Regards comments on Garner there is a decent footballer in there but hopefully Warburton will use him properly and not do what McCoist did to Boyd

who was never a target man but used in that way destroying one of the best penalty box strikers in his time.

Let's face it Mac,

Boyd scored a lot for us because of the quality around him. Chances came his way because we had a few talented players in our side. In turn Boyd became a lazy bassa, too idle to move himself and too stupid and lazy to stop finding himself in an offside position. I blame McCoist for a lot of things but destroying what was in effect a traffic cone wearing a Rangers jersey isn't one of them.

Let's face it Mac,

Boyd scored a lot for us because of the quality around him. Chances came his way because we had a few talented players in our side. In turn Boyd became a lazy bassa, too idle to move himself and too stupid and lazy to stop finding himself in an offside position. I blame McCoist for a lot of things but destroying what was in effect a traffic cone wearing a Rangers jersey isn't one of them.

He was top goal scorer in the league for Kilmarnock before he joined us!

If Garner scores a goal every game from now till the end of the season, well ...

IMHO, it does not matter who scores the goals, as long as we do. Much like Miller, he's always there or thereabouts, which is a good sign. You'd hope for him and us that he scores the winner either tonight and/or against the Sheep, which will sure help him (and us) on the way.

Edited by der Berliner

I that's twice you've agreed with me in under 2 hours? :D

I'll need to go back to being controversial.

The difference I would suggest is that we didn't rely on Sebo to play more than about 10 minutes a game. In fact it was a standing joke where I sat that it was in his contract that he only played a maximum of 10 minutes.

We are relying on Garner as our main striker and because we paid money for him, I fear he will continue to start ahead of Dodoo and the almost forgotten Waghorn. Waghorn is a proven goalscorer at Championship level where Garner failed and regardless of the fact that he might be off in January, we need his goals if he could recover some form. Garner isn't good enough at this level never mind Europe.

You ARE controversial.... it just so happens that pete is controversial too :ninja::D

We are sitting in 2nd place in the league,we need to be there as a minimum come the end of the season and we can achieve that,I will judge MW then,we are still a work in progress and are heading in the right direction,we do not have the right to think we can beat teams 3/4/5 zero,finshing 2nd will be progress!.

I recall under another manager the opinion that most people's grannies could get second place on our budget - so what's changed? We seem to have gone from demonising to approaching sycophancy...

Warburton is not performing well this season - or since the unexpected penalty win over Celtic, and although he might be fully aware of the shortcomings, his spats with people giving what seems like valid criticism doesn't reflect that, nor is it constructive - at best it's distracting, but looks more like detracting.

Celtic have about 2.5 times our wage bill, the ratio of ours to all other teams is greater, mostly much greater. McCoist would not have been given such an easy ride for the relatively poor results we've been having for that investment, and neither should Warburton.

The criticism from McCann was fair and reasonably mild - Warburton should be able to take it on the chin and do his talking with his team's performances. The fact he can't looks very weak to me and his lack of acknowledgement smacks of the ostrich-like behaviour of Le Guen.

A manager shows his true worth in times of difficulty and pressure, Warburton has not exactly been impressive to me in that regard so far. I'm all for giving him a bit time but coming out with this nonsense doesn't give me confidence in his ability to progress the team to where we should be - as well as other factors.

He has to remember that he's not just talking to the press he's also talking to the fans, and we rarely get much from him that is encouraging or even slightly interesting.

Warburton really doesn't sound like a Rangers manager at times. An an unbeaten run with a bunch of draws at home is fine for a middling EC team but not for Rangers. Unbeaten at home is an erroneous statistic for our club without it being backed up by stats of a high number of wins and a very good away record. We really need about 2.5 points a game and about a 78% win rate to have a good chance of winning the league and a cup, and we're at 1.86 and 62%, and the latter is exaggerated by a lot of LC games against lower division teams.

Out of those 32 unbeaten games, only 9 have been against top tier teams.

Overall win rate is a much better metric for Rangers than unbeaten at home records - which in comparison is pretty irrelevant - winning 61 games home and away but losing 1 at home would be fantastic but not match that record...

Some say you can prove anything with stats but they are wrong, it's all about the relevance and qualitative assessment of the stats. Warburton is either at it here, has a bunker mentality, or not showing much nous. He needs to respect people's valid opinions and concentrate on changing those opinions by what happens on the pitch. Being in complete denial is very dangerous for our chances of success - you cannot change what you don't acknowledge.

An erroneous statistic ? So sayeth the man that lays stats out and then says he is simply stating facts.

The fact is that we are unbeaten at home in 32 games.... are you now saying what I have been saying for months if not years... that stats can prove whatever you wish them to ?

Hmmmmmm......

And we were told he was back to being a world beater before he returned to us from Kilmarnock. The point is , imo Boyd turned into a lazy bassa each time he pulled on a Rangers jersey. Look at the difference in his weight when he played for us.

And we were told he was back to being a world beater before he returned to us from Kilmarnock. The point is , imo Boyd turned into a lazy bassa each time he pulled on a Rangers jersey. Look at the difference in his weight when he played for us.

Totally agree he looked really fit for Kilmarnock before he came to us.

Warburton really doesn't sound like a Rangers manager at times. An an unbeaten run with a bunch of draws at home is fine for a middling EC team but not for Rangers. Unbeaten at home is an erroneous statistic for our club without it being backed up by stats of a high number of wins and a very good away record. We really need about 2.5 points a game and about a 78% win rate to have a good chance of winning the league and a cup, and we're at 1.86 and 62%, and the latter is exaggerated by a lot of LC games against lower division teams.

Out of those 32 unbeaten games, only 9 have been against top tier teams.

Overall win rate is a much better metric for Rangers than unbeaten at home records - which in comparison is pretty irrelevant - winning 61 games home and away but losing 1 at home would be fantastic but not match that record...

Some say you can prove anything with stats but they are wrong, it's all about the relevance and qualitative assessment of the stats. Warburton is either at it here, has a bunker mentality, or not showing much nous. He needs to respect people's valid opinions and concentrate on changing those opinions by what happens on the pitch. Being in complete denial is very dangerous for our chances of success - you cannot change what you don't acknowledge.

Was Ally unbeaten at home in 32 games ?