Bubble football

Didnt see the HT "entertainment" as I went down to the concourse to try to heat up a bit! I am all in favour of trying to do something different to entertain the fans at half time, we could learn a lot from USA in how to keep your audience entertained during breaks.

We still treat our fans (football in general here, not just our club) as if we are to just to turn up, pay our money, shut up, buy exorbitantly priced food and merchandise, and go home. The clubs do nothing apart from put the game on to try to entertain the crowd or get them involved in the match, either pre-match, at half time, or post-match.

I was down at the NFL at Wembley a few weeks ago and the stadium area opened at 9am for a 2pm kick off with merchandise, meet the players, live music, face-painting, food & drink all taking place in a fanzone outside the ground, while inside there was videos, interviews, cheerleaders and various things to keep you entertained while you waited on the game to start. Add in National Anthems, fantastic player introductions etc and you get fantastic value for your ticket irrespective of the actual game (which in this case was a classic that lasted 4 hours and ended in a tie).

At Ibrox yesterday, nothing pre-match apart from some pre-recorded music and a 30 second interview with the manager, the bubbles at HT and nothing at all post-match. I understand there is a bit more for the kids in the Broomy pre-match but in football we dont look after our fans/customers at all well.

I would add that I have been to Major League Baseball in both USA & Canada and both have great pre-match experiences for the fans as well as lots going on in the gaps between the innings, and always something on post-match to try to keep you there spending money as long as possible and give you an option rather than hitting the traffic.

I would add that I have been to Major League Baseball in both USA & Canada and both have great pre-match experiences for the fans as well as lots going on in the gaps between the innings, and always something on post-match to try to keep you there spending money as long as possible and give you an option rather than hitting the traffic.

Major League baseball pre and post game is every bit as shit as football. The "entertainment" is nothing more than to fill in gaps in what is a dreadful sport. Ive been to a few baseball games and the entertainment isn't entertaining at all.

NFL is a different experience - in fact, the tailgating before a game is usually far better than the game itself. Once the game starts the entertainment is also not that great. Sure, cheerleaders are great to look at but when you are in the nosebleeds you cant see them anyway - and they don't do THAT much other entertainment - maybe fire some T shirts into the crowd but not that much else besides.

If you want to go to anything in the US and have a great time I would suggest you forego MLB, NFL, MLS, NBA.... And go take in a popular college football game - I went to USC vs Cal Bears a few years ago and the atmosphere was absolutely electric - both in and outside of the stadium. I would go to a college game before a pro game these days - and I have been to quite a number of NFL games in my time, along with MLB.