Fans leaving early

When did this start was it with all seater stadia? I don't remember it happening, in fact I can remember leaving early(only time) way back in 1970ish, I was the only one walking down the stairs.

Today we needed a goal and 1000's streaming out the stadium.

I don't know when it started but I thought today when Rangers scored"Ha all the subway loyal missed the goal.

That is exactly what I think every time we get a late goal - even more so a late winner! GIRUY to the fans who leave early just to stand in a queue for a train or to go to the pub a bit early. The ones I really dont understand are those who leave a couple of minutes early then you pass them waiting on their mates at the bottom of the stairs! WFT is that all about?

I totally understood some guys who left after an hour (my mate actually left after 26 mins) as the football on offer was absolutely turgid and indefensible. But if you are going to stay for 80-85 mins, then just see it through to the end. You might get the odd late winner that makes all the other times when you miss nothing worthwhile. That is two injury time winners at Ibrox this season in 7 games.

That is exactly what I think every time we get a late goal - even more so a late winner! GIRUY to the fans who leave early just to stand in a queue for a train or to go to the pub a bit early. The ones I really dont understand are those who leave a couple of minutes early then you pass them waiting on their mates at the bottom of the stairs! WFT is that all about?

I totally understood some guys who left after an hour (my mate actually left after 26 mins) as the football on offer was absolutely turgid and indefensible. But if you are going to stay for 80-85 mins, then just see it through to the end. You might get the odd late winner that makes all the other times when you miss nothing worthwhile. That is two injury time winners at Ibrox this season in 7 games.

"We will fight till the day is done." So why leave early?

Even before all seated stadia there were always folk who left early. Back in the 60's far fewer cars were owned and public transport was the norm. Of course it could be argued that buses and trains ran better back then. Home european matches often saw me waiting outside Baxters pub for over an hour for a 68 bus to get home.

Even before all seated stadia there were always folk who left early. Back in the 60's far fewer cars were owned and public transport was the norm. Of course it could be argued that buses and trains ran better back then. Home european matches often saw me waiting outside Baxters pub for over an hour for a 68 bus to get home.

Many who parked in the Albion car park left early to miss the rush otherwise they could sit an hour trying to get out.

Need to start scoring first half which would likely have opened them up second half instead of having to find a way through their entire team in the penalty box. Though in saying that a good number of balls were flashed across the goal area but no one connected.

I've never understood people leaving early. Of course there are times people leave as they have a prior engagement but people leaving early so that they can get home for X-factor/grab a pint 15 mins quicker doesn't ring with me.

When I see the stadium half empty after 80 or 85 mins having been a sell-out game I always think, 'what are the players thinking when they glance at the stands'. Must be a little demoralising - particularly when you're chasing a winner!