Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

E's are good, E's are good.........

Reminds me of our fantastic run in the first ever Champions League 92-93

What a run that was - yet my abiding memories of that run were of being in the main stand against Leeds just behind the press corps and the whole main stand seemed like it was shaking from its foundations when the teams came out - the noise was absolutely deafening.... and then the silence a few moments later when McAllister hit THAT goal.... and the other abiding memory of that run was THAT strike from Hateley at Elland Road and Ally's diving header... man oh man, I don't think I have had so much enjoyment from Rangers before or since (aside from maybe Helicopter Sunday and the Killie last day demolition).

Ooops, I have taken this thread on a tangent - sorry dB

#Rangers have had a £250,000 bid for Port Vale keeper Jak Alnwick accepted, thus triggering his release clause

Twitter

I hope we are getting as much as that for Gilks then so that we replace keeper for keeper without paying NET fees

#Rangers have had a £250,000 bid for Port Vale keeper Jak Alnwick accepted, thus triggering his release clause

Twitter

Rangers bid accepted for former Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick

Rangers have had a £250,000 bid for Port Vale keeper Jak Alnwick accepted, thus triggering his release clause in the player’s contract.

The 23 year-old is expected in Glasgow shortly to conclude a deal to bring him to Ibrox on what is thought to be a three-year deal.

Alnwick, who started his career at Newcastle United, is currently joint-captain at Port Vale. He is seen as a replacement for Matt Gilks, who was told he could leave the club with Wigan Athletic his likely destination.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15054231.Rangers_bid_accepted_for_former_Newcastle_keeper_Jak_Alnwick/

What a run that was - yet my abiding memories of that run were of being in the main stand against Leeds just behind the press corps and the whole main stand seemed like it was shaking from its foundations when the teams came out - the noise was absolutely deafening.... and then the silence a few moments later when McAllister hit THAT goal.... and the other abiding memory of that run was THAT strike from Hateley at Elland Road and Ally's diving header... man oh man, I don't think I have had so much enjoyment from Rangers before or since (aside from maybe Helicopter Sunday and the Killie last day demolition).

Ooops, I have taken this thread on a tangent - sorry dB

Well, that was the season that I saw MY first LIVE Rangers game, vs CSKA Moscow in Bochum with Ian Ferguson hitting the winner. ;)

I would rather we were keeping Gilks but if he wants to go that's that and I too would be looking to make a profit from the deal. I don't know anything about the qualities of Jak Alnwick but at the same time the chances of him having to replace Wes through injury or suspension would appear to be quite slim.

Even Gilks only got an occasional cup game probably largely in an attempt to keep him happy. Wondering if Alnwick thinks he can actually displace Wes or has simply been offered a much better deal than he currently has and is happy to take it along with the chance to be at a high profile club.

Rangers bid accepted for former Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick

Rangers have had a £250,000 bid for Port Vale keeper Jak Alnwick accepted, thus triggering his release clause in the player’s contract.

The 23 year-old is expected in Glasgow shortly to conclude a deal to bring him to Ibrox on what is thought to be a three-year deal.

Alnwick, who started his career at Newcastle United, is currently joint-captain at Port Vale. He is seen as a replacement for Matt Gilks, who was told he could leave the club with Wigan Athletic his likely destination.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15054231.Rangers_bid_accepted_for_former_Newcastle_keeper_Jak_Alnwick/

According to the STV news on tv there, the bid was knocked back. Rangers met the release price but Port Vale say there are complications. Maybe Rangers requesting deferred payment or similar ? Maybe not offering enough wage ?