One for older bears

Saw this on FF and it rings a bell with me but can't remember when and what competition, anyone know?

"I'm sure way back that the number of corner kicks were used to decide the winners of games in the event of a draw. In League Cup ? Anyone remember.?"

There was a year in the early seventies when the League Cup experimented with the offside law. The eighteen yard line was extended to both touchlines and you could not be offside unless within that confined area.

As for corners deciding the outcome of games; it was prevalent in minor competitions throughout the 20s, 30s, and 50s. Editions of the wee Blue Book for these decades contain references to tour matches and competitions like the Charity Cup being decided this way. It's before my time.

Was that not just the Tennants sevens or whatever it is. i know the Drybourgh cup changed the offside law unti the penalty area but I can't remember a cup game being decided that way.

Did a google search, the Glasgow Charity Cup was decided on corners a few times.