RANGERS could move for Diego Poyet to replace Joey Barton.

Again, being linked with a free agent from the English market. Our scouting has been almost exclusively to cast-offs from the English lower leagues and we wonder why we are struggling.

This lad has been without a club for 3 months, tells you everything you need to know. No thanks.

If our management think he's any good offer him a trial & if he impresses give him a short term deal to see how he does. We can then decide if he's worth a much longer term contract.

Like we did with Aluko a few years back

BTW, here's a list of midfielders out of contract since (summer) 2016 ... just in case you want to be quicker with a rumour / prediction than the media:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/ausrichtung/Mittelfeld/spielerposition_id/alle/land_id/alle/wettbewerb_id/alle/seit/2016/yt0/Anzeigen/plus//galerie/0

BTW, here's a list of midfielders out of contract since (summer) 2016 ... just in case you want to be quicker with a rumour / prediction than the media:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/ausrichtung/Mittelfeld/spielerposition_id/alle/land_id/alle/wettbewerb_id/alle/seit/2016/yt0/Anzeigen/plus//galerie/0

Interesting dB...

I'm not starting rumours/predictions, but Michael Essien at £680,000 jumps out.

Interesting dB...

I'm not starting rumours/predictions, but Michael Essien at £680,000 jumps out.

He's 34 next month. Have we learned nothing about signing players only interested in topping up their pension fund ?

Edited by RANGERRAB

He's 34 next month. Have we learned nothing about signing players only interested in topping up their pension fund ?

Good player for the short term, a bit like Barton and Senderos but only much better I would suspect, even in 2nd gear.

Hill appears to be doing a decent enough job at an even greater age as is Kenny Miller. Arguably two of our best players right now.

If they come as a free agent with Barton's wages being freed up and possibly Waghorn's too we should have some wiggle room to accommodate quality recruits regardless of age. Give them a 6 month contract till the Summer to prove themselves Forrester style. They must have something in mind given that they have actually promised some window activity. And you just never know the difference a couple of players can make to a team who we know can turn it on but just aren't doing it consistently.

Edited by JFK-1

Rumours on other sites that Forrester's partying is a problem and that is why he has dropped down the pecking order.

It might be crap but all is not well in the bear sanctuary that is obvious.

Rumours on other sites that Forrester's partying is a problem and that is why he has dropped down the pecking order.

It might be crap but all is not well in the bear sanctuary that is obvious.

If true it's disappointing but I can understand it, I was a party animal myself at his age and with that kind of money and celebrity to top it off there are many temptations that would have been hard to resist. While saying that I like to think if I had been so lucky to be a professional athlete earning that kind of money for doing something I would do for free I would try to buckle down and do the right thing.

The players on the list above are freebies, their market value is hypothetical.

Forrester has played in front of 40 to 50k before and it did not exactly stopped him performing admirably, rather on the contrary (after a slow start). As for the rumours about his private life ... and other boards. If true he needs to wisen up and quickly. Still, that one other big Rangers board is sadly enough infested by certain people souting all sorts of rubbish - which is a well known fact over there and nothing they will contest. Having a sack of salt handy is always advisable, unless you know the poster.

Edited by der Berliner