RANGERS could move for Diego Poyet to replace Joey Barton.

RANGERS could move for Diego Poyet to replace Joey Barton.

Ibrox manager Mark Warburton is weighing up offering the Uruguayan Under-20 cap a short-term deal after Gers agreed an exit package with Barton.

Midfielder Poyet — son of ex-Chelsea star Gus — is a free agent after he left West Ham by mutual consent in August.

He looked to be on the brink of a move to Derby this week until learning that Gers could be interested.

Poyet, 21, was highly-rated as a kid coming through the ranks at Charlton.

Born in Spain, he played for England’s youth teams before switching his allegiance to his parents’ country.

But his progress stalled after joining the Hammers in 2014.

He had spells on loan at Huddersfield, MK Dons and back at Charlton before having his contract cancelled on deadline day.

After three months as a free agent, Poyet wants a move which he hopes will get his career back on track.

Barton’s exit — after he was suspended for a bust-up with Andy Halliday and Warburton – has now opened the door for Poyet to move to Glasgow.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/rangers/7259584/Rangers-could-move-for-Diego-Poyet-to-replace-Joey-Barton.html

... while you are correct Frankie, where do you find those? Not that many will be out of contract in January and those who will be are probably mostly loanees.

You do wonder what the case with Rossiter is. Info on him and his injuries have been rather sparse ...

... while you are correct Frankie, where do you find those? Not that many will be out of contract in January and those who will be are probably mostly loanees.

You do wonder what the case with Rossiter is. Info on him and his injuries have been rather sparse ...

I'm not paid a small fortune to do the job so can't answer your question.

Money is tight which is all the more reason we can't afford another Barton or an injury like Niko.

As for Rossiter I believe he's now back in full training so hopefully we'll see him again very soon.

Initial Short term contract (end of season max), with possible extension based of fitness recovery & performance level......

If the lad has been out the game for 3-months, there's a good chance that he will have something to prove, therefore hightening is efforts etc.

Worth a punt I say. Plus he's only 21 so plenty room for improvement etc.

Again, being linked with a free agent from the English market. Our scouting has been almost exclusively to cast-offs from the English lower leagues and we wonder why we are struggling.

This lad has been without a club for 3 months, tells you everything you need to know. No thanks.

I must admit, I'd rather have had someone like Jelavic than Garner, but then the wage differential that we're offering foreigners, might no longer be enough - although I'm sure the combination of Garner and Barton would have covered it for a similar player.