Robbie Crawford Signs For Raith Rovers

Manager Gary Locke has today secured the services of Robbie Crawford (23) on a short term deal until January.

The versatile former Ranger, who initially joined the Ibrox club at the age of 8, was released by them in August after loan spells at Morton and Alloa and he has been training with Raith Rovers for the last few weeks. The midfielder has impressed the gaffer with his skills and attitude and Gary is delighted to be able to add Robbie to the squad at this time.

Welcome to Stark’s Park, Robbie!

http://www.raithrovers.net/27331/locke-strengthens-squad-robbie-crawford-signs.htm

The lad should have become a doctor.

I remember an article years ago saying he had the qualifications to study medicine but opted to sign for Rangers professionally.

Disagree totally. He can become a doctor at 40 he can't be a footballer at 40. Chase your dream or regret it for ever.

Disagree totally. He can become a doctor at 40 he can't be a footballer at 40. Chase your dream or regret it for ever.

If you play football and are lucky enough to get a professional contract every person would take it and if it doesn't work out then you do something else. I wish I had the chance to go professional just to see how far I could go,but it never happened so you move on,but given the chance I would have jumped at it,as would everyone!.

Oh don't get me wrong I would have done the same. However - in hindsight his career is starting to go into free fall and I can't see him ever playing for a top club again.