Mike Ashley starts legal battle over Rangers name, trademarks, crests and badges

I just hope our board have got sound legal advice for all of this

I worry it would have been very stupid of SD to sign a contract without tying in the use of the badge. I even worry that Rangers signing to give the contract to SD makes an unwritten agreement that they have use of the tradmarks. I can only see us winning if there is a get-out somewhere that says something like" Rangers reserve the right over trademarks at all times"

I worry it would have been very stupid of SD to sign a contract without tying in the use of the badge. I even worry that Rangers signing to give the contract to SD makes an unwritten agreement that they have use of the tradmarks. I can only see us winning if there is a get-out somewhere that says something like" Rangers reserve the right over trademarks at all times"

I would be inclined to argue that the contract is so favourable to one party, and so prejudicial to the other, that anything assumed, or tacit, or understood, which in the normal run of events might be taken as contractual, may not be so considered. The arrangement is so slanted towards SD, that, any reasonable person would assume it could not, and was not intended to cover such matters as were not clearly specified within the contract, and that Rangers has no obligation towards SD in regard to them.