CCTV appeal after fan hit with seat during Aberdeen v Rangers game

_92208942_rangers.jpg

Police have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to after a football fan was hit with a stadium seat during an Aberdeen v Rangers game.

The male fan was not injured in the incident at Pittodrie Stadium in Aberdeen at about 14:50 on Sunday 25 September.

It is understood the man in the CCTV images was in the away section of the ground at the time.

Aberdeen won the Scottish Premiership match 2-1.

PC Stuart Hache, of Police Scotland, said: "We have conducted a number of inquiries into this incident and believe the male may have important information pertaining to this inquiry.

"I would urge anyone with information relating to the male depicted in the CCTV images to make contact with the police and pass on that information."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-37835573

While I dont condone the throwing of seats, IF such a thing happened (I didnt see it and I was only about 15 seats from the fence) then if the Police want to try to take it forward that is their job. But I dont see any Rangers fan phoning in with information given how badly we were treated by the Police that day, and just about every match day on our travels. It must be a two-way street with the authorities, it is certainly not that way with regards to how our club's fans are treated.

While I dont condone the throwing of seats, IF such a thing happened (I didnt see it and I was only about 15 seats from the fence) then if the Police want to try to take it forward that is their job. But I dont see any Rangers fan phoning in with information given how badly we were treated by the Police that day, and just about every match day on our travels. It must be a two-way street with the authorities, it is certainly not that way with regards to how our club's fans are treated.

If the guy in the photo did it then there will be enough people who recognise him it is a pretty good photo.

Anyone throwing a seat into a mass of people deserves the jail imo.

I agree but at the same time I feel a coin though smaller can be a more insidious object to throw. The seat could be seen coming a coin comes out of nowhere and can cause significant injury.

I agree but at the same time I feel a coin though smaller can be a more insidious object to throw. The seat could be seen coming a coin comes out of nowhere and can cause significant injury.

Neither can be condoned, which you very well know, but I also don't believe that the two should be compared in what appears to be some kind of effort to suggest that one is worse than the other - both could cause serious injury, that, for me at least, is where the discussion should end.

Moronic behavior in both instances.

Neither can be condoned, which you very well know, but I also don't believe that the two should be compared in what appears to be some kind of effort to suggest that one is worse than the other - both could cause serious injury, that, for me at least, is where the discussion should end.

Moronic behavior in both instances.

I'm obviously not condoning either instance i'm giving a personal opinion of how I feel about being caught up in either instance. Having experienced a situation where a rain of coins was incoming I have a greater fear of it than I do a seat which likely wont come as a barrage of seats and I would feel more confident of seeing a seat and fending it off so to speak.

When you have a coin barrage coming in you instinctively tend to look away from fear of getting one in the eye.

I'm obviously not condoning either instance i'm giving a personal opinion of how I feel about being caught up in either instance. Having experienced a situation where a rain of coins was incoming I have a greater fear of it than I do a seat which likely wont come as a barrage of seats and I would feel more confident of seeing a seat and fending it off so to speak.

When you have a coin barrage coming in you instinctively tend to look away from fear of getting one in the eye.

I've been to many many matches when there were coins, old large pennies mind you, bottles and cans hailing down on me on the way to, at the match and on the way home. It was the norm at one time.

If the pavement dancers, home and away want some sport I'd say go ahead and have your fun away from the ground. Launching anything at all into a mass is the work of cowards.