[FT] RB Leipzig 4 - 0 Rangers

It matters not a jot to our mhedia if we behave or not. We sent 25,000 Bears to Barcelona in 2007, not one piece of trouble or bad song sung at the game, so our mhedia resorted to front page headlines about the litter left behind in the square.

They will find something bad to write about us no matter what, its what they are there to do.

And then we invite them to news conferences and give them access to our manager and players as if they are on our side or impartial, and nothing happened the week before.

It's not about the law though Norris - it is about the incessant #Rangersbad narrative we get from the Scottish media, which will happen regardless of jurisdictional laws - should be boxing a little more clever than going to foreign lands and belting it out IMHO.

I disagree with that Craig, if people weren't getting arrested for singing it I would think what is in the media doesn't matter a jot. Whether we should be singing it as a Rangers song is a completely different kettle of fish and a matter of choice. To be honest I actually think the words are totally meaningless to 95% of the people who sing it, it is just that it has become a battle cry that keeps it going.

Die Schotten kommen: Sonderflüge zum Testspiel gegen RB Leipzig

Willkommen Schottland! Rund 8000 Fans der Glasgow Rangers werden am Sonntag zum Testspiel gegen RB Leipzig erwartet. Am Airport landen Sonderflüge.

http://www.lvz.de/Sport/RB-Leipzig/News/Die-Schotten-kommen-Sonderfluege-zum-Testspiel-gegen-RB-Leipzig

Anyone care to translate?, Pete/DB?

Die Schotten kommen: Sonderflüge zum Testspiel gegen RB Leipzig

Willkommen Schottland! Rund 8000 Fans der Glasgow Rangers werden am Sonntag zum Testspiel gegen RB Leipzig erwartet. Am Airport landen Sonderflüge.

http://www.lvz.de/Sport/RB-Leipzig/News/Die-Schotten-kommen-Sonderfluege-zum-Testspiel-gegen-RB-Leipzig

Anyone care to translate?, Pete/DB?

Flights full of Scottish will arrive at the airport for a friendly against RB Leipzig.

Around 8000 supporters are expected for the friendly.

In a nutshell.

It matters not a jot to our mhedia if we behave or not. We sent 25,000 Bears to Barcelona in 2007, not one piece of trouble or bad song sung at the game, so our mhedia resorted to front page headlines about the litter left behind in the square.

They will find something bad to write about us no matter what, its what they are there to do.

And then we invite them to news conferences and give them access to our manager and players as if they are on our side or impartial, and nothing happened the week before.

I could be wrong but I think we have an obligation to do these things. They aren't invited, it is, as far as I am aware, part of the contracts that the SFA and SPFL have with broadcast and print media.

I disagree with that Craig, if people weren't getting arrested for singing it I would think what is in the media doesn't matter a jot. Whether we should be singing it as a Rangers song is a completely different kettle of fish and a matter of choice. To be honest I actually think the words are totally meaningless to 95% of the people who sing it, it is just that it has become a battle cry that keeps it going.

We will have to agree to disagree then pete - because I don't think there is too much doubt that the media have managed to alter the narrative over the past decade or so into an anti-Rangers bias.

If you think that "what is written in the media matters not a jot" then we will most definitely have to agree to disagree.