Rangers pay off £250,000 EBT fine after failing to overturn controversial SPFL...

So the club were liable for the fines but not the prize money/ transfer fees?

I think this is a very valid point. I'd like to think the current Rangers board have been pursuing this.

Unfortunately I think as a consequence of the club being allowed to continue I.e. membership being transferred from oldco to newco this had to be forfeited

Not quite. The oldco was put into a liquidation process after the CVA got rejected. That liquidation process is ongoing and will be for years to come.

In football terms the SFA membership/licence got transferred from oldco to newco so the club continued. Any football fines and debts from oldco has to be paid by newco such as this EBT fine. Rangers board had no choice but to pay it

That's exactly what I posted Rab.

The SPFL – which was formed in 2013 – is the successor to the SPL. The League body – led by cheif executive Neil Doncaster – claimed it was was due the cash as part of the deal brokered by the SFA after Rangers were liquidated in 2012.

Stupid trolls.

And that aside, you read that article once and then again and ... it is still "blackmail". For it clearly reads: "Either you pay for OldCo's sins or you don't get membership!" And for some reason, articles like these omit the heinous attempts of stealing trophies by these same people.

Stupid trolls.

And that aside, you read that article once and then again and ... it is still "blackmail". For it clearly reads: "Either you pay for OldCo's sins or you don't get membership!" And for some reason, articles like these omit the heinous attempts of stealing trophies by these same people.

Newco had to pay oldco's fines. The board were correct to do this whether we like it or not.

No trophies or titles were stripped. They couldn't be after LNS declared we had 'no sporting advantage'

Newco had to pay oldco's fines. The board were correct to do this whether we like it or not.

No trophies or titles were stripped. They couldn't be after LNS declared we had 'no sporting advantage'

Rab, neither is the point. For it is about what Green & Co. had to agree to to actually get membership back and what he (or whomever) stopped them from doing straight away. LNS came much later ... and honestly, whether they come up with some stuff should OldCo/BDO loose the EBT appeal is anyone's guess. I for one wouldn't put it beyond them to attempt another title stripping excercise that simply overrules their own indipendent first investigation.

Rab, neither is the point. For it is about what Green & Co. had to agree to to actually get membership back and what he (or whomever) stopped them from doing straight away. LNS came much later ... and honestly, whether they come up with some stuff should OldCo/BDO loose the EBT appeal is anyone's guess. I for one wouldn't put it beyond them to attempt another title stripping excercise that simply overrules their own indipendent first investigation.

It's a racing certainty imo DB.