Wigan Want Warburton

He needs to be given until season's end, at least, which means that he will have the January window to address some issues. Whether cash is available is a moot point.

A replacement for JB (or the envisaged JB role), if he is not to stay and play; a more physical edge (it is a physical League); someone to give

dynamism and drive and to make the transitions of play quicker (jargon, dontcha just love it?).

It may be that the likes of Rossiter and Crooks can, if fit, contribute. Maybe Windass comes into the frame.

Goal scorer(s) and centre backs seem obvious areas for upgrade, certainly for next season. Maybe Garner can come on to a game, maybe Waghorn can get fit and show better form, and Kiernan may benefit from Clint Hill's presence, and experience.

Fitness seems to be a problem, and that can, and must, be addressed, in the short term, ie, now.

Fitness seems to be a problem, and that can, and must, be addressed, in the short term, ie, now.

I think fitness problems for a number of them take Windass as an example can come down to never getting a sufficient injury free period.

I think fitness problems for a number of them take Windass as an example can come down to never getting a sufficient injury free period.

That and there never seems to be a settled team either. How can they build up match fitness with all the chopping and changing. A lot of changes are made in the name of "game time" and I suppose the answer to that is that we now have sports scientists in there. If that is the answer then why are we so lacking in general fitness? We also lack strength and that showed up in the last 2 games. We're too easy bullied off the ball.

As someone familiar with that town and with family there, you have my full sympathy. Is it still run by drug-pushing gangsters?

Don't think the drug problem is nearly as bad as it was though it still exists it's not much different from practically anywhere else in Scotland now in that respect.