Is the Warburton magic starting to fade?

I'm not a big fan of Eck and was glad he was sacked when he was.

However, his CV compared to Warburton is favourable.

Even with Hibs he won the Championship - but with more points than Warburton: 89 : 81.

He then finished 6th in the SPL out of 10, which isn't fantastic but it is Hibs remember, and his spending was 250k. He also got to the Scottish Cup semi. He gained a win and two draws against the OF.

He then finished 3rd to the OF the next season with a negative transfer outlay of -£2.25M, including 2M for Kenny Miller to Rangers. He also got to the Scottish Cup final, losing to Celtic. He gained a win and three draws against the OF.

Then we know what he won with a downsizing Rangers - with a couple of memorable last day league wins where the team didn't come close to bottling it. Warburton hasn't shown anything yet to suggest he will emulate that.

For Birmingham he did what Warburton couldn't and gained them promotion to the top tier, where they then had their best season for 50 years. The next season they were relegated but also one the league cup - their second cup ever. I think that's a good swap for the likes of Birmingham.

He didn't do so well at Aston Villa, finishing 16th but they haven't done better since and have now been relegated after finishing last.

He also did quite well for Scotland compared to the last three managers - beating France and Ukraine, and being very unlucky against Italy.

I think we need a better manager than Eck, although right now I'd take 2 league titles, 5 cups and beyond the group stages of the CL in four and half seasons.

However, Warburton cannot compare his CV to Eck quite yet...

Lets face it - timmy 2016 are miles ahead of everyone and have been since 2012.

I've always felt we have better players than the rest so a run of victories starting tonight isn't out of the question, neither is an unbeaten run from now until Hogmanay at the earliest.

I'm not a big fan of Eck and was glad he was sacked when he was.

However, his CV compared to Warburton is favourable.

Even with Hibs he won the Championship - but with more points than Warburton: 89 : 81.

He then finished 6th in the SPL out of 10, which isn't fantastic but it is Hibs remember, and his spending was 250k. He also got to the Scottish Cup semi. He gained a win and two draws against the OF.

He then finished 3rd to the OF the next season with a negative transfer outlay of -£2.25M, including 2M for Kenny Miller to Rangers. He also got to the Scottish Cup final, losing to Celtic. He gained a win and three draws against the OF.

Then we know what he won with a downsizing Rangers - with a couple of memorable last day league wins where the team didn't come close to bottling it. Warburton hasn't shown anything yet to suggest he will emulate that.

For Birmingham he did what Warburton couldn't and gained them promotion to the top tier, where they then had their best season for 50 years. The next season they were relegated but also one the league cup - their second cup ever. I think that's a good swap for the likes of Birmingham.

He didn't do so well at Aston Villa, finishing 16th but they haven't done better since and have now been relegated after finishing last.

He also did quite well for Scotland compared to the last three managers - beating France and Ukraine, and being very unlucky against Italy.

I think we need a better manager than Eck, although right now I'd take 2 league titles, 5 cups and beyond the group stages of the CL in four and half seasons.

However, Warburton cannot compare his CV to Eck quite yet...

All very true. I am convinced there is a sizeable section of the Rangers support that can't comprehend why we aren't up there with the Barcelonas and Real Madrids.

Lets face it - timmy 2016 are miles ahead of everyone and have been since 2012.

I've always felt we have better players than the rest so a run of victories starting tonight isn't out of the question, neither is an unbeaten run from now until Hogmanay at the earliest.

We should be aiming at going into the next OF game unbeaten, and then turning them over at Ibrox. I'm sure the collective morale of the Rangers support would be very different should that transpire.

I've got a lot of time for McLeish. He did well with us in difficult circumstances. However, I don't want him back. He was more of a manager-type, whereas we now need more of a coach. We don't have the quality of players to have a manager-type; we need someone who can mold a group into playing a particular philosophy -- It's what most of the top sides do now, anyway.

What so far, if anything, has Garner shown us to suggest he is worth the transfer fee?

This the general view of Preston fans who obviously know him well.

Garner is a big confidence player. Once he gets going he will score for fun. It took him a while to start scoring a lot at Preston.

He will come good just give him time and a run of games)