Men on the post at corners.

Just been watching MOTD and saw a goal that would not have gone in if there was a player on the back post at a corner. Thinking back to a few of our goals against teams including Hibs and Stokes in the CF. I for one find it crazy that we do not to have players covering both posts. If I have a negative about Warburton it is his decision not to cover the back post at corners. I hope we have them covered tomorrow as we are not the greatest at attacking the ball.

The way we always defended corners was to put your fastest forward up front and out wide to split up the defenders as one will always stay central. If the keeper could get the ball then a quick punt will always create a chance for a counter attack.

I don't see why we can't leave a player up front. Surely we can defend with 9 men and if we leave a player up front it means they have to keep 2 back.

So one up. 2 on the posts and a keeper.

You need one to stop the short corner or low ball in.

Leaves them with the advantage in the middle.

Can't cover everything and super took dogs abuse for not leaving one up bit no praise for covering posts.

Your always short somewhere.

If we keep picking on the manager about where we're short no one wins.

The way we always defended corners was to put your fastest forward up front and out wide to split up the defenders as one will always stay central. If the keeper could get the ball then a quick punt will always create a chance for a counter attack.

Makes sense. We always stuck the wee guys on the posts and a big guy at the front edge of the 6 yard box to block poor corners.

That's 5 players not marking all in.

Makes sense. We always stuck the wee guys on the posts and a big guy at the front edge of the 6 yard box to block poor corners.

That's 5 players not marking all in.

Everyone defending takes a player where I played that mostly means there will be someone at the front edge of the 6 yard box anyway. attacking the ball is the important thing if you don't do that the attacker will. When I played in goal I almost always came for the ball and at least tip it away. I am not that big so I can't understand 6 foot + keepers not coming for a ball in the 6 yard box and at least getting a hand on it. You should really be able to count your your keeper as your main defender at corners. I admit though that with modern boots and balls the ball comes in with far more pace and effect than when I played. it was mostly floated corners when I played.:cry:

Teams that put players on the posts , usually put the smallest guys there which usually proves pointless ,another small point , last year in a survey in the EPL players were asked how often they had cleared a ball off the line at a corner/ set piece when they were put on a post , the answer was hardly ever .The stats prove its a waste of time and manpower , it harks back to the olden days and should be left there .