Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

Have just logged on and not read any posts yet but would like to give my ratings:-

Gilks 9/10 would have been ten but for poor work with feet

Hodson 8/10 solid display

Kiernan9/10 what a difference with a proper right back at his side

Hill 8/10 solid display

Wallace 5/10 responsibility starting to show

Holt 6/10 good first hour then faded

Halliday 8/10 quietly efficient

Tavernier7/10 fish out of water but some good tackles

Windass 4/10 struggled to get into game

Miller 9/10 gave everything till subbed

McKay3/10 lazy totally off form needs a kick up backside

Subs Waghorn/Garner/Dodoo all 4/10 none were a game changer

Have just logged on and not read any posts yet but would like to give my ratings:-

Hill 8/10 solid display

Miller 9/10 ? You must have been watching a different game from me

Hill 8/10 solid display

Windass 4/10 :D

Can we not all at least agree that Gilks was MOTM?

Where to start with that today? If I was to analyse everything from team selection, tactics, quality of play, substitutions, it would be longer than War & Peace, so I will just do a brief player ratings;

Gilks 9 Superb, must be retained as number 1 keeper.

Hodson 7 Solid, defended well. Didn't get forward but that wasn't his role today.

Wallace 4 Shocker from skipper including fault at goal

Hill 8 Commanding CH performance, organised everything and done his own job well.

Kiernan 6 first half was his best in our shirt, but said at HT I knew he would fall asleep once and it cost us a goal. Had too many chances, needs binned.

Halliday 6 done most things well but doesn't concentrate for 90 mins and his errors are usually costly in terms of chances. Offers nothing going forward.

Holt 7 good performance and our main goal threat. Thought he was striking the winner and only great defending from the Tim they tried to punt on deadline day saved them.

Windass 2 shocker. Started tims 3 best chances of first half by giving ball away inside our half. Easily shrugged off ball, game passed him by. Only MW knows how he came back out for 2nd half. Looks like an Accrington player.

Tav 5 was it a winger role or a double full back? Either way did nothing defensively and offered nothing creatively. Huge blunder by MW to use him like this. What must Harry, Joe, MOH, Waggy be thinking when Tav plays RW in a cup semi ahead of all of them?

Miller 3 typically useless display from our Kenny. Not once did he get in their box in space in 65 mins. Gave ball away countless times. Only in side due to how poor others are, waste of a shirt as per.

McKay 5 the current fav boo-boy leaving Hampden today. lack of proper pre-season for him & Wallace very noticeable. Nothing working for him and needs rested.

Subs: Garner 2 I'm going to say it, this boys a total dud. £1.8M spunked away on absolutely nothing. If this was a McParland recommendation he needs sacked. Clearly needs a strike partner so shouldn't have been signed to play lone striker.

Dodoo 2 another dud. Lacked heart for the fight, looks like he is at too big a club.

Waghorn 3 looks like last season was his level, has been really poor so far this term. Doesn't help that we keep playing him wide when he has always done his best work from a central role.

Warburton 1 Wrong starting 11, wrong tactics, wrong formation, wrong subs. Seems happy we only lost by 1. Completely convinced by everything he is doing behind the scenes, completely unconvinced by his match day work this season.

I just don't see it with Garner?? So we have Garner, Dodoo, MOH, Senderos, Crooks, Rossiter who were not in the starting side today. Gilks and Hodson who 9/10 wouldn't start and Kranjar who is badly injured. They were all MW signings and all with th exception of Kranjar would not start.

We then have Barton, some say what happened isn't MW fault. Ok then, was he not aware of what baggage the player had or if his temperament?? Of course he was. So all of the summer signings with the exception of Windass or Kranjar are not improving our team. Who's fault is that? Who signed them? The questions that are at our managers door are mounting. Who is making these signings?? The worst two imho are Garner 1.8m and MOH 500,000k?? The former won't cut it at almost 2mband the latter MW didn't fancy?? Did he not watch him before signing?? Does he not do his homework?? His signings for the most part have been atrocious, we are using 90% last years team. I would not feel comfortable writing MW a cheque for more millions.

Questions need answered.

With regard to guys like Crooks, Rossiter, Krancjar, Windass; do the guys who do medicals before we sign players need to up their game? I'll give them their due for dodging the Lescott bullet, but three months into the season we seem to have a stack of players who just can't achieve match fitness.

Think I will take a break from the forum for a few days.

Having to read that this player is a dud, that guy is useless, we need to punt this player or the management team is excruciating.

Whilst I agree that we were second best today I am also pragmatic enough to realise that Celtic can spend more on one player than we can on our whole squad. We have no real right to be competing with them presently.

:(

Re. Windass, I am clearly seeing a different player to some fans. A fit Josh Windass would be in my team more often than not.

I agree, and in fact felt he was our best player in the last game.

He isn't fit, yet is being labelled as not good enough. Once fully fit this lad will be a revelation - was class in pre-season against Charleston when fit and same when in the team earlier in the season before getting injured.