Time to right a few wrongs - Rangers v Celtic

That's so depressing a thought; moreover the implications of it are that we will be years, years, playing catch up.

It is, but that's where we are.

The one good thing about the last four years is that we may just have shed a few fair-weather glory-hunters.

Meanwhile the real Bears can rally round the club no matter how bleak the outlook.

And yes, I imagine it is going to take a few years yet.

Gilks was immense today, but there is no way I'd prefer him to Foderingham in every other game. GIlks is a better shot-stopper -- of course he is -- but we don't need that for the majority of games we play. We need someone who can play out from the back, to improve our control and attacking play. We failed to have any control of the ball today largely because of Gilks.

Edited by Rousseau

Was that really Dembele getting the last touch? Thought it was Kiernan ... who should have slid in to cut any cross out.

Anyway, a more than decent performance from our folk, who gave their all. IMHO you can't ask for much more from a team with our ability. It sure showed that we were not as much behind as the 5-1 one suggested.

Hodson had a really fine game, as did Holt and Halliday. The old warhorses in goals and defence did what was required, even Kiernan was okay ... given what opposition we faced.

McKay is still searching his form and IMHO should not start ahead of Forrester and Dodoo, who quickly threatened more than Miller and McKay did all game. We really REALLY REAAAALLY missed a central striker to aim our balls up field at, as I said before we would, should Miller start. For - all the effort he put in - he was all over the place rather than being an option for our defenders or midfielders to aim at. Which we saw against Thistle and ICT.

When seen from behind the goal it looks like an OG from Kiernan - in fact, it looks as if Dembele doesn't even get a touch on it. Had Kiernan not got a touch I think it would have rolled out the other side of goal.

But Kiernan couldn't slide in to cut out the cross because he got caught behind Dembele - a sliding challenge from there would have resulted in a penalty more than likely.

Definitely agree re McKay - looks completely out of form - I would have Forrester starting there to be honest, McKay is in bad need of a rest.

Europa league is the last thing we need. We'd start with qualifiers not long after the season ends and if we got through them (which I very much doubt that we would) we'd have Thursday night games holding us back next season. Afaiac, we have to stop them winning the league asap. This would screw up pre-season and then potentially the season itself.

Agreed. We need to drop the whole Europe thing for a while and focus on rebuilding our club.

Miller is almost 37 and has scored 3 league goals this season.

I understand that. The point I am making is that he has been our best striker this season.... which in itself tells its own story.

At this point you would be complementing him, not replacing, based on performances this season.

We actually need more than one striker - I just cant see what Garner will bring to the table - though to be fair to the lad he hasn't had much game time OR service when he has been on the pitch.

Agreed. We need to drop the whole Europe thing for a while and focus on rebuilding our club.

Thing is the only way to rebuild is with money and Europe even if only the Europa league is the most lucrative avenue out there. We're never going to catch them dodging Europe.

That's so depressing a thought; moreover the implications of it are that we will be years, years, playing catch up.

Doesn't need to be years. Depends on investment and the willingness of our Board to fund such playing staff investment.

I said it when they were in talks to sign him but I really wish we had attempted to gazzump Celtic and sign Dembele.