Tartan Army snap up 13,700 tickets for Scotland's Wembley clash with England

THE Tartan Army have snapped up their 13,700 allocation for the Wembley World Cup showdown on November 11.

Scotland were handed an extra 7,000 tickets after negotiations between the SFA and the FA.

But despite a woeful start to the campaign, all of them were taken by Scottish Supporters Club members in just four days.

Scotland took 20,000 fans to their last trip to Wembley — a 3-2 friendly defeat in 2013.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/scotlandinternational/7249772/Tartan-Army-snap-up-13700-tickets-for-Scotlands-Wembley-clash-with-England.html

There's a game I used to relish, and now dreading. But I suspect we will raise our game like a shit Aberdeen team against a decent Rangers side and put in a massive effort, and have one of those close, heroic losses...

When a Scotland England game comes along I always have to think on big Tam Forsyth's tackle on Mick Channon. Probably one of the best tackles ever. It may have been deemed illegal now as it was from behind but still a fantastic memory.

Agree with that Pete remember going to Rangers Club in Edmiston House and seeing Andy Cameron that night and getting exclusive news that Scotland were to get a new coach in the name of big gob Tommy Docherty,everybody gasped,yes they were going to take his teeth out and put seats in PRICELESS as were his comments that "carthorse" Forsyth and "thoroughbred" Channon was a no contest.

Agree with that Pete remember going to Rangers Club in Edmiston House and seeing Andy Cameron that night and getting exclusive news that Scotland were to get a new coach in the name of big gob Tommy Docherty,everybody gasped,yes they were going to take his teeth out and put seats in PRICELESS as were his comments that "carthorse" Forsyth and "thoroughbred" Channon was a no contest.

Did Tommy Docherty not say at some time he was going to build the team around big DJ at centre-half? Martin Buchan was also a good player but big Tam was different class.

I would say Martin Buchan and Dave Smith were similar kind of players although I am biased and would say big Dave was better.

Did Tommy Docherty not say at some time he was going to build the team around big DJ at centre-half? Martin Buchan was also a good player but big Tam was different class.

I would say Martin Buchan and Dave Smith were similar kind of players although I am biased and would say big Dave was better.

Buchan, imo, like many of the Anglos in Scotland shirts at that time didn't show a tenth of the ability he possessed as a club player. In saying that, he showed more than Rioch or Masson ever did playing for the national side.

Docherty was a well know balloon. My mum was in his class at school. My dad obviously kicked with the other foot and detested the man as a human being.