Club Statement

BBC take on it. And incidentally I have seen no one in any position of authority even hinting that flouting betting rules can be reason for a sacking, as far as i'm aware it would be a first. He has committed no crime.

Joey Barton: Rangers midfielder not expected back at club

Joey Barton will not report back for training at Rangers on Monday and is unlikely to play for the club again.

The midfielder, 34, was suspended over a training ground row in September and has since been charged by the Scottish FA for breaching gambling rules.

Barton, who remains on full pay, was asked to attend a hearing at the Scottish Premiership club but refused.

It is understood talks between both parties have reached a stalemate over the disciplinary process.

Barton joined Rangers from Burnley on a two-year contract in May.

But, after eight appearances, he was suspended by the club following a reported altercation with team-mate Andy Halliday as players reviewed September's 5-1 defeat by Celtic. He was due to return on 10 October.

The SFA then alleged that Barton had breached rules by placing 44 bets on matches between 1 July and 15 September.

Rangers subsequently announced that the player had been told to stay away for another seven days after launching a "formal disciplinary procedure".

Barton asked for more time to consider the SFA charge against him.

The parent body's disciplinary rule 33 prohibits players, coaches, club officials and referees in Scotland from betting on football anywhere in the world. A hearing is now due on 17 November.

In Barton's absence, Rangers have won three, drawn one and lost another in all competitions.

Capped once by England, Barton has made more than 400 senior club appearances in a career that has taken in spells at Manchester City, Newcastle United, QPR and Marseille.

He has won the Championship with Newcastle and Burnley and was also part of QPR's Championship play-off final-winning side in 2014.

You are completely wrong and even post it yourself.

Explain to me how you can possibly make the quantum leap that the CLUB are waiting to sack him when the PLAYER requested the postponement of the meeting.

You are completely wrong.

I think I explained that. You want to learn to read and understand and not just translate it into your mind thought. You seem to be the only one that doesn't get it. Strange eh!

BBC take on it. And incidentally I have seen no one in any position of authority even hinting that flouting betting rules can be reason for a sacking, as far as i'm aware it would be a first. He has committed no crime.

Whether he asked for a delay or whether he refused to turn up are of course 2 totally different things with 2 totally different sets of consequences. If this was the case then I have no idea why they wouldn't put that in the statement. Are Rangers running formal disciplinary measures or is it the SFA they are talking about. If it is the SFA then why are Rangers banning him until after a decision has been made. I understand that rangers don't want all their dirty washing in public eye but their lack of information and their gagging no information statements are making them look like a bad bully boss. Many fans could have bought their season ticket on the Barton appearance. Rangers don't look great here.

Whether he asked for a delay or whether he refused to turn up are of course 2 totally different things with 2 totally different sets of consequences. If this was the case then I have no idea why they wouldn't put that in the statement. Are Rangers running formal disciplinary measures or is it the SFA they are talking about. If it is the SFA then why are Rangers banning him until after a decision has been made. I understand that rangers don't want all their dirty washing in public eye but their lack of information and their gagging no information statements are making them look like a bad bully boss. Many fans could have bought their season ticket on the Barton appearance. Rangers don't look great here.

I would still prefer to find a way through this and keep him but that's beginning to look ever more untenable.

Rangers bad boy Joey Barton asks for more time to prepare for his club hearing

15:08, 15 Oct 2016

Updated 15:08, 15 Oct 2016

By Alan Clark

THE Ibrox midfielder did not snub crunch talks – despite reports to the contrary.

Craig Williamson/SNS Group Joey Barton will not be back at Rangers for the best part of a month

Barton has asked for time to prepare his case

JOEY BARTON did not snub showdown talks at Rangers over his Ibrox future as the club and player continue to try to reach an agreement.

Reports today claimed the midfielder refused to attend a hearing at the club over his training-ground bust-up with manager Mark Warburton .

But it’s believed those claims are wide of the mark.

Instead, Record Sport Online can reveal Barton has asked for more time to prepare his case – just as he did over his SFA betting charge hearing.

Barton had an explosive bust-up with Warburton

Rangers extend Joey Barton suspension again as bad boy's Ibrox future remains shrouded in uncertainty

He was due to attend discussions with club chiefs on Wednesday but these will now take place at a later date, with both parties understood to be working towards a solution.

On Friday news emerged that the 34-year-old's suspension had been extended again by the Ibrox giants and he will now not report back for training on Monday.

This latest ban means he will have been away from the club for six weeks.

Meanwhile, Barton has also succeeded in winning himself time over his SFA charge.

Barton was hit with the notice of complaint last week for allegedly betting on 44 matches.

He had been due to go before the SFA judicial panel on October 27.

But the SFA have now confirmed that date has been pushed back until November 17.

There is just so much misinformation kicking about it is difficult to believe what is going on.

It has nothing to do with betting rules if Rangers under a new board , having been bitten at least twice by this regulation decided to introduce a punishment codicil into each new signings contract either shortly before or on his signing his contract.

I have no doubt that there is an absence of pocket-pickers and a rash of legal experts advising our board at the moment.

I think I explained that. You want to learn to read and understand and not just translate it into your mind thought. You seem to be the only one that doesn't get it. Strange eh!

Really ? And here was me thinking GS agreed with me.... So I'm the only one that doesn't get it..... Interesting.

You haven't explained anything. Let's try again.... Explain how the club are waiting to sack the player from a statement where the club confirmed same said player asked them to postpone the meeting ?

How do you make that quantum leap that Joey Barton asking the club to postpone his meeting with them became Warburton treating Barton shabbily ?

To be honest you haven't explained a thing, you've went round in circles and still haven't answered the basic premise which is that the player asked to postpone the meeting and you have somehow blamed that on the club.

You STILL haven't answered it.

The SFA charge is irrelevant because this is solely about his internal club disciplinary proceedings

Sorry Craig but it is you that has got it wrong. He had a meeting with Rangers on Thursday because of his meeting with the SFA on Wednesday so it is totally relevant. He cancelled the meeting with Rangers because he cancelled the meeting with the SFA. He served his sentence for his trouble with Rangers and now he is being punished before he has been found guilty of anything. This stinks from Rangers side and for me there is only one man responsible. If Warburton wanted Barton in the team he would be playing it is as simple as that.

You don't know if that is true or not.

The SFA charges are not necessarily related to the club disciplinary hearings. In fact, there is every likelihood they aren't. Again, you are adding 2+2 but the answer isn't necessarily 4.

Either way, you still haven't explained why Rangers are treating him shabbily when he instigated the postponement.

Again, please explain to me how he is "being punished before he has been found guilty of anything". Yet again you are trying to tie the SFA charge into it all. In case you missed it he was up on internal club disciplinary procedures before the SFA charge was even known. How do you know that him asking for the postponement is related to the SFA charge and not the disciplinary proceedings from the club ? You don't. Even if it is because of the SFA charges you STILL can't say that he is being punished when he is the one that requested the postponement.

It's like me asking my boss to sack me and when he agrees I then say he punished me for asking him to do exactly what I wanted.

Barton time to prepare his case...? Get him to ****! We have had to put up with a lot over the past years media spunking on everything 'bad' about the club Whyte Green Ahmad the ****ing Easdales Fat Man and the rest of them. We thought all that would be put to bed then along comes Barton! A clown of a man!