Gilks or Foderingham against Celtic.

Normally in the LC Warburton has played Gilks. Gilks played in the U20 team on Monday to keep his eye in Warburton said in his interview. Will Warburton stick with the modus operandi or will he put Foderingham in for Gilks against Celtic.

What do we think? Our considered best team or giving our reserve keeper a game.

Warburton says we don't have a team we have a squad. Does that mean we will be playing fringe players for the LC as in other rounds or will he plump for his strongest team.

Edited by pete

If it were anybody else I would probably give Gilks the nod but in this instance a win over them would be a huge psychological boost after the last debacle so I would have to go with Foderingham. His overall form and authority in the box has improved this season along with a sprinkling of wonder saves thrown in. And aside from anything else it is a chance to reach a cup final and we could use the money that will bring.

This is the dilemma managers have when they play their second choice keeper in cups then all of a sudden it gets to the business end and a big tie comes up, who do they go with? Its a bit of a demotivator for the keeper who has played through the rounds then dropped due to the opponent - as if to say not good enough.

Sorry but we should be going in with our strongest team and that means Foderingham. We should not be going in with a rusty keeper just because it's "his shot".

That is suggesting MW thinks Gilks would weaken the side,I'm not sure MW thinks that!,Wes is our number one and mainly due to last season and with Gilks coming in this season,but Gilks is a good keeper and utilising a squad is what it is all about.

I think we are fortunate to have two good keepers and don't see why playing Gilks in the LC games shouldn't continue,however it's all about opinions and really it's up to MW who plays,thankfully!,but I think Gilks will play but will be happy with either,who'd be a manager eh?

That is suggesting MW thinks Gilks would weaken the side,I'm not sure MW thinks that!,Wes is our number one and mainly due to last season and with Gilks coming in this season,but Gilks is a good keeper and utilising a squad is what it is all about.

I think we are fortunate to have two good keepers and don't see why playing Gilks in the LC games shouldn't continue,however it's all about opinions and really it's up to MW who plays,thankfully!,but I think Gilks will play but will be happy with either,who'd be a manager eh?

From what I've seen Gilks isn't as good a keeper. If MW does think that they are equally as good then fair enough, but I'm sure he feels one is better and if that's the case then he should play the better player.

Should we also drop Wallace for Hodson?