Barton requests extension from SFA

Lifted from FF:

SSN reporting Barton has requested an extension from the SFA in relation to his betting charge.

He had until today to respond but has asked for an appeal extension due to the volume of documentation.

Rangers midfielder Joey Barton asks for extension to appeal date over SFA betting charge

16:48, 12 Oct 2016

Updated 16:51, 12 Oct 2016

By Record Sport Online

THE Scouser was charged with placing bets on 44 matches between July 1 and September 15 against SFA rules and had until today to respond but has now requested an extension.

JOEY BARTON has asked the SFA for more time to appeal a charge over betting on football matches.

The Rangers midfielder was hit with an SFA notice of complaint a week ago and charged with placing bets on 44 matches between July 1 and September 15.

As exclusively revealed by Record Sport, Barton is suspected of placing a bet on rivals Celtic to suffer a heavy defeat in last month’s Champions League clash against Barcelona.

The player, who is currently serving a club-imposed suspension from Ibrox following a training ground bust-up with team mates and manager Mark Warburton, initially had until today to respond to the complaint.

But he has requested an extension on the appeal date.

It is understood his request will be considered by the SFA's judicial panel on Thursday.

According to Sky Sports, Barton's reason for the extension is the volume of documentation to be considered.

Only one of the matches Barton is alleged to have placed a bet on related to Scottish football - that being for Celtic to lose by three goals or more to Barcelona.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-midfielder-joey-barton-asks-9032049

I see one of those football blog sites is reporting Barton is making oblique references to leaving Ibrox on twitter - I'm not on that thing so can't confirm.

Apparently his page had a photo of him beside a Rangers badge. That photo has now gone and he now has #kaizen which is apparently Japanese for change for better.

Or maybe the blogger is just talking baws. :flipa:

I certainly noticed on his twitter account earlier that his profile picture has been changed. It was previously him standing with his kid and agent on the RFC crest at Auchenhowie donning Rangers scarves. Earlier today it was changed to a sole image of him in what looks like the terracing of a small club.

I see Sutton is jumping on the bandwagon and getting is tuppence in about homophobia in football. Anything to get his name out there're. One thing that surprised me is that the BBC website describes him as a BBC pundit. Surely he is "exclusive" to BT?

I see Sutton is jumping on the bandwagon and getting is tuppence in about homophobia in football. Anything to get his name out there're. One thing that surprised me is that the BBC website describes him as a BBC pundit. Surely he is "exclusive" to BT?

He is a prostitute pundit he sells his a-z to anyone.:seal:

Muttons comments about Gordon Marshall should have seen him held up to so much ridicule he'd have been embarrassed to show his ugly mug on telly. The man is a buffoon of the first order. ----

FOOTBALL: YOU MIGHT HAVE LOST MORE GOALS MATE; Ex-Celt's fury at scoring jibes.

Byline: HUGH KEEVINS and COLIN DUNCAN EXCLUSIVE

FURIOUS Celtic players accused Gordon Marshall of being a turncoat after they lost the title at Kilmarnock on Sunday.

Marshall, a former Celt, was slammed at Rugby Park for not helping his old club leapfrog the goals advantage enjoyed by Rangers.

He was reminded of his background and criticised for not letting it influence his performance as Celtic scored four goals but couldn't get enough to win the league flag.

Sports Record also understands that Kilmarnock and Celtic were at loggerheads in the build-up to the match after the Parkhead side demanded extra ball boys. Martin O'Neill's side wanted to ensure the ball was in play as much as possible to help their goal chase but Killie turned down their request.

They then received an anonymous letter accusing them of pandering to Rangers.

The revelations follow Celtic striker Chris Sutton's bitter outburst on Sunday when he

accused Dunfermline of lying down to Alex McLeish's men in the 6-1 defeat which took the title to Ibrox.

Last night Marshall, who was having his last game for the club and was made Kilmarnock's captain for the day, refused to go into specific details of what went on as players clashed in full view of startled match officials and onlookers.

But he confirmed he had deep regrets over the undignified end to his Rugby Park career.

Marshall said: "There are some Celtic players who I have no sympathy for. I was annoyed and outraged by some of the stuff that went on.

"I don't know what the Celtic players were hoping for and I will take whatever was said about my performance as a back- handed compliment.

"I was Kilmarnock's captain and I wanted to keep a clean sheet if possible. I knew I wouldn't get a pat on the back whatever happened during the game but whatever was said about me is water off a duck's back.

"My emotions still haven't settled down and I don't expect to get back to normal for a few days yet. But I am very disappointed with the attitude shown to me by certain players."

Marshall said some players blasted him for allegedly wasting time when he was adjudged to have brought down Alan Thompson for a penalty kick.

The keeper had earlier been booked for protesting over the penalty decision involving Sutton and left the field to jeering from the Celtic fans.

But he said: "I wasn't aware of the jeering because I was applauding the Kilmarnock fans as I was leaving them for the last time."

The row over the ball boys has also cast a shadow over the incredible end of the season.

Celtic asked Killie for more but the Ayrshire club insisted in employing the same number they have used all season.

Killie then told Celtic to get lost when they threatened to bring their own ball boys with them to Rugby Park.

The day after the row Kilmarnock received an anonymous letter accusing them of lying down and pandering to the needs of Rangers.

The correspondence also pointed out in no uncertain terms that Celtic would make Jim Jefferies' side pay by wiping the floor with them on Sunday.

Jefferies pinned the letter up in the dressing room to help fire up his players for their final league game of the campaign.

Last night a Kilmarnock source said: "At the start of the week Celtic requested that we put on extra ball boys and have balls placed around the pitch because Rangers were doing something similar at Ibrox.

"We told them we had enough and didn't need any more but Celtic then wanted to bring their own ball boys down with them.

"We told them they could do that if they wanted although we made it clear there was no way they would be getting anywhere near the pitch.

"I don't think their manager was too happy, however this was our home game, not theirs."

Also for a guy who made a career out of diving for free kicks and penalties it really tickles me when he goes on about players going down easily.