Fernando ricksen – the final battle

I'm not entirely comfortable with the way we are rewriting history with Fernando.

He was a player who let us down in all but one season then slagged us off when zenit beat us in the uefa cup final.

We seem to be now pretending he was some kind of club legend because he has a tragic illness.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the way we are rewriting history with Fernando.

He was a player who let us down in all but one season then slagged us off when zenit beat us in the uefa cup final.

We seem to be now pretending he was some kind of club legend because he has a tragic illness.

I don't recall anyone saying he was wonderful during his whole career at Ibrox.

His comments about us around the UEFA cup final were fair enough. We got to the final by playing backs top the wall football and we weren't brilliant.

As for giving him sympathy, it's just human decency.

I don't recall anyone saying he was wonderful during his whole career at Ibrox.

His comments about us around the UEFA cup final were fair enough. We got to the final by playing backs top the wall football and we weren't brilliant.

As for giving him sympathy, it's just human decency.

I was more talking about his goading of the fans at the final whistle.

I expect he regrets it now.

Apart from his form with us he was not really a nice person in general and certainly not a good professional. I do have sympathy with his situation though and hate to see him like that. It is one of these cases you would not even wish it on your worst enemy. He certainly wasn't and never will be a legend in my eyes.

Couldnt have put it better myself. An absolute disaster of a player, and as far away from legend status as Sebo. Cult figure perhaps, certainly not legend.

I have absolute sympathy for his plight with this devastating, horrible, unjust illness that he has and I have every sympathy for his family having to watch him disappear before their eyes, but that is for the human being, Ricksen the footballer was not the same person.

There's much worse players than Ricksen in our hall of fame. For one season he was the best player in Scotland.

Dont be ridiculous SBS, he wasnt even in the top 5 Rangers players that season, never mind a decent celtic team that pushed us all the way. He had a decent few months hiding in midfield when Barry came back which coincidentally was when his contract talks were ongoing after 4 years of utter dross. He could be the wikipedia definition of a wage thief for his £1M plus per year.

I will certainly agree with you that there are a substantial number of players in our HOF that dont deserve to be there. The powers that be have really messed that up big time in recent years.

I can appreciate saying that Ricksen is no legend and whole-heartedly agree. However, it really is preposterous TB to say "he is as far away from legend status as Sebo". That, frankly, is a ludicrous statement.

Debi was a trier and nothing more, and was a terrible signing. Ricksen may not have been a great signing either.... but to label him, effectively, as being as bad as Sebo is ridiculous.