Joey Barton - Is there a way back?

Not sure that will have anyhing to do with it. It will come down to whether club rules are the same or have changed. I suspect they haven't changed

I disagree Rab, I think the new board and MW are far more professional in their dealings with player contracts, rule breaking, the clubs or the football associations, will be more stringent, only my opinion mind.

Somewhere down the line you will have to sign for that in a contract . Be it in your SFA registration or Rangers contract. Every citizen has a right to know the law but in occupational matters you have to sign contracts.

Maybe I just don't understand your original post Pete. I took it as you saying he didn't need to abide by SFA rules. Am I wrong ? If so I agree.

I disagree Rab, I think the new board and MW are far more professional in their dealings with player contracts, rule breaking, the clubs or the football associations, will be more stringent, only my opinion mind.

That may well be the case but what I think we have here is a Rangers manager who wants shot off Barton who he never wanted in the first place. And getting rid off Barton may be a lot more difficult than we think.

But as I said earlier I'm not convinced we know the full story here

That may well be the case but what I think we have here is a Rangers manager who wants shot off Barton who he never wanted in the first place. And getting rid off Barton may be a lot more difficult than we think.

But as I said earlier I'm not convinced we know the full story here

He was a Manager signing, from his friend the Manager of Burnley.

Maybe the SFA will do the job for MW. Any player under SFA jurisdiction is subject to these rules. ...

ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION

26. Betting

26.1 A club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee or other person

under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall not bet in any way on a football match. Any

such club or person found guilty of betting of any description on football, authorised and

registered football pools excepted, shall be deemed guilty of misconduct and shall be liable

to fine, suspension, expulsion or any other penalties or conditions which the Judicial Panel

may think proper.

26.2 A club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, referee or other person

under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA knowingly behaving in a manner, during or in

connection with a match in which the party has participated or has any influence, either

direct or indirect, which could give rise to an event in which they or any third party benefits

financially through betting shall be deemed guilty of serious misconduct and shall be liable

to a fine, suspension, expulsion or any other penalties or conditions which the Judicial Panel

may think proper.

Edited by barca72

He was a Manager signing, from his friend the Manager of Burnley.

And you can confirm that ? Why did he sign Rositter then who plays in the same position as Barton ? And we already had Halliday who can fill in that role too

Signing 30 year old plus players with no resale value makes no sense to me given where we are just now.

Last summer we got ourselves a manager whose background was bringing on young players. Made sense did it not ? Then we started signing the likes of Barton, Krancjar & Senderos in the summer. None have been great IMO.

I ask again did MW sign Barton ? And the others too?

Edited by RANGERRAB

And you can confirm that ? Why did he sign Rositter then who plays in the same position as Barton ? And we already had Halliday who can fill in that role too

Signing 30 year old plus players with no resale value makes no sense to me given where we are just now.

Last summer we got ourselves a manager whose background was bringing on young players. Made sense did it not ? Then we started signing the likes of Barton, Krancjar & Senderos in the summer. None have been great IMO.

I ask again did MW sign Barton ? And the others too?

I can't confirm it but a personal opinion is that Warburton isn't the type of manager who would tolerate any meddling in signings.