Well done to the lad.

Young midfielder Liam Burt has been called up to the Scotland Under 21 squad to face Iceland and Macedonia.

Burt, who is only 17-years-old, has worked with new Under 21’s manager Scot Gemmill at Under 15 and Under 17 level previously and has obviously made a big impression on

Maybe our 60 to 20 year olds just aren't good enough (due to Sinclair etc) or something, but while I don't like chucking in loads of kids for the sake of it, I prefer it when we give a couple of academy graduates a fair run in the team each season. If nothing else it gives all them hope and a reason to work at their game with the right amount of dedication.

But that's just not happening.

Okay that may be what he is trying to do but I ask is the loaning out really a way of giving him the chance not to see developement,as Hardie and Walsh could not be in a worse team at the moment which I doubt will help them develope.