I am talking about real royalty rights. You cannot always just fly or wear colours\emblem's when you want.

Yes you can ...

http://scottishflagtrust.com/the-scottish-flag-trust/faq/

Is anybody entitled to fly the Scottish flag?

Yes. In Scots Heraldry, 1956, the then Lord Lyon gave the following guidance:- “The Cross of St Andrew is the flag which any Scotsman (or woman) is entitled to fly or wear as evidence of his (or her) national identity or patriotism. This is also the proper flag to fly on a Scottish church”.

In your OP you ask about 'lodges ...home'. Ian posted a link for Willie Vass pics and pic.46 shows you the banner. It says the Ligoniel Lodges are home. In post #3 you talk about an OO march, and in post #6 you talk about an OO march in NI.

Why would you assume that the lodge referred to was not a Masonic lodge or let's say a hunting lodge? That's why I say you knew exactly what lodges the banner was referring to.

As regards to your assertion in post #19 and Craig's assertion in post #20 about the banner being non-religious, I have to cede the point that the lodges are part of the OO and hence should be considered as religious entities.

Semantic loyal.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? I asked a question in post 1, I got an answer in post 2. I clicked onto the BBC link given in post 2 and guess what? The heading says "North Belfast - Orange Order parade passes off peacefully".

It was sarcasm but because we do have a large following from NI and the orange community we have inherited a link.

I would guess compared to OO members we have an even larger following who vote SNP and support the break up of the union, have we inherited a link there? How many Catholic supporters do we have? We've had plenty of players, so do we have a link there?

I would also guess probably have a lot more atheists (or people who think they are agnostics, or who don't practice anything, or even who just don't have a clue about organised religions) than practicing theists so isn't that our heritage?

Maybe our heritage is flat caps, suits and smoking...

Well, it is sometimes hard to get some rousing songs like the loyalist stuff, e.g. Derry's Walls.

"No surrender" is a sentiment that applies well to a football match - although I'd rather change the words to defend the Ibrox goals or walls or something.

I'd also change the lyrics so that they make some actual sense - can anyone explain this to me:

The cry was no surrender, surrender or you'll die...?

Maybe it means - we're not going to surrender, but you better surrender or we will kill you... Or is it two sides talking to each other?

But saying that, I'm not sure how many sing this or other songs of that pedigree with anything more than Bluenose togetherness, banter, sing-along and defiance et al in mind. Not that Penny Arcade has much to do with the club etc. ... only the cry "step up and play" might be a reasonable explanation.

Don't understand that one either and have no interest in it. I think our supporters are one of the most anachronistic and least imaginative around. I would prefer us to develop a bit more self awareness and sense of humour. :)

The cry was no surrender, surrender or you'll die...?

Well, it refers to the siege of Derry, and I would simply assume that it originally was "and" rather than "or".

The original verse actually goes like this ...

We'll fight and don't surrender

But come when duty calls,

With heart and hand and sword and shield

We'll guard old Derry's Walls.

... and football fans are note exactly know for being grammatically sound :D

And ... we could actually turn this verse into a "Rangers song" quite easily ...

We'll fight and don't surrender

But come when duty calls,

With heart and hand and sword and shield

We'll guard old Ibrox' Walls.

... even though that is still quite martial.

It's a bad symbol to use in my opinion. Salty old seadogs know of the negative connotations that it carries. Hope that the club never uses it again. In fact I'll email them later on and warn them not to use it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_maritime_signal_flags

"My vessel is stopped and making no way through the water."

Also perhaps admin can consider banning use of the Saltire in here.