A jag in the bum. Rangers v Partick Thistle Preview

Philippe Senderos - back in the side for the first time since being sent off against Celtic - probably thought the official had a great afternoon.

The Swiss international was booked a minute before half-time for a challenge on Ade Azeez which fully deserved a yellow card.

But Senderos should also have been in the whistler’s book by that point.

He smashed an arm into Chris Erskine’s as he burst forward when the game was still level at 0-0.

Senderos should have been cautioned at that point but for some reason Finnie - and his team of officials - all missed it.

The former Arsenal centre half was involved in another off-the-ball collision with Azeez which also went unpunished.

So did Senderos look a changed man from then player red carded for stupidity in the Old Firm clash?

No, he most definitely didn’t.

The Sun

I've got to say I was bored. I feel like the forwards are isolated from the midfielders; we can't seem to pass our way forward and through opponents, and there is no penetration. We can get frustrated when players dawdle on the ball but most of the time that's because there's no movement ahead of them. That was the main criticism of Krancjar prior to this game, but give him a free/open player in a good position and he'll find him (although we may have to carry him defensively a little). His goal almost overrules those criticisms.

Partick we're quite good -- I have been impressed with their passing style before: Archibald has had them playing some nice stuff, but they lack quality -- showing more pace, simple passing and then running at our defense. Our defense is too static: defense seems to drop off to line up zonally, whereas the midfield (or Halliday and Holt, for Kranjcar is still working through that treacle) look to press some players. There needs to be a cohesive approach rather than two groups doing different things. If we're going to press, then every player needs to press potential passing options, or if we're going to line up in a more passive zonal defense, then every player needs to sprint back into two banks of 4 etc.

The Ref made silly decisions at times, but what about nipping in front of Miller's tap-in!? An expert piece of defending. If it wasn't funny, and we weren't winning at the time...

Anyway... I'm still bored, but we won the game, which is all that matters. I have never really been too concerned at our defensive frailties, because I always felt would could score enough. At the moment I'm struggling to see where the goals are coming from?

Thought we played well for 15 minutes.

Passing the ball with no end product is pointless.

It's not entirely pointless, for if we have the ball the opponent can't (theoretically) score!! :D But, I agree we need to get the next stage right, the penetration. It's the penetration we're struggling with at the moment.

Edited by Rousseau

Thought we played well for 15 minutes.

Passing the ball with no end product is pointless.

the goals apart, the game was dire

no pace, very little creativity with on the edge defending

and this was partick at home

I'm already resigned to this being a very long season.

I've got to say I was bored. I feel like the forwards are isolated from the midfielders; we can't seem to pass our way forward and through opponents, and there is no penetration. We can get frustrated when players dawdle on the ball but most of the time that's because there's no movement ahead of them. That was the main criticism of Krancjar prior to this game, but give him a free/open player in a good position and he'll find him (although we may have to carry him defensively a little). His goal almost overrules those criticisms.

Partick we're quite good -- I have been impressed with their passing style before: Archibald has had them playing some nice stuff, but they lack quality -- showing more pace, simple passing and then running at our defense. Our defense is too static: defense seems to drop off to line up zonally, whereas the midfield (or Halliday and Holt, for Kranjcar is still working through that treacle) look to press some players. There needs to be a cohesive approach rather than two groups doing different things. If we're going to press, then every player needs to press potential passing options, or if we're going to line up in a more passive zonal defense, then every player needs to sprint back into two banks of 4 etc.

The Ref made silly decisions at times, but what about nipping in front of Miller's tap-in!? An expert piece of defending. If it wasn't funny, and we weren't winning at the time...

Anyway... I'm still bored, but we won the game, which is all that matters. I have never really been too concerned at our defensive frailties, because I always felt would could score enough. At the moment I'm struggling to see where the goals are coming from?

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/g...00073HvEmiL_x0

Look at photo No.1 & 2 We can see more than a half of the penalty area and not 1 forward in sight. Holt comes in but still no sign of a forward.

Can't see the photo's (Page not found). Which part are you challenging?

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/011016-Rangers-v-Partick-Thistle/G0000sHGTc8sZMMQ/I0000lIJvsmbFaBs/C000073HvEmiL_x0

It should work now.

At Kanjcars goal there is not one forward in sight. I would think we should be able to see at least 2.