Watch as Rangers fans appear to throw seats at Aberdeen fans

Lifted from FF:

ontheline

ontheline is online now True Blue

30-07-2006

Default Re: Andy Walker "Disgraceful Scenes"

A guy in the pub was getting texts from someone at the game, saying, Dolly fans were throwing missiles, cops were doing eff all and eventually there was a surge by Bears.

I didn't post this yesterday as it was 3rd hand information.

Had a look a the highlights (it's difficult as most of the camera work is from the south stand) and it looks like Rangers fans were confined to P, Q and R sections, and so it's more likely the seat came from the away seats... It still looks the other way in the video though.

Got to say it's a pretty shitty thing to do no matter which side you support.

The all red area looks like it tallies with the "Celtic games" part of the stadium plan above in which I assume Rangers fans were also seated - you can see the second fence. There are yellow seats in the home end also, which are one column away, compared with two columns away at the away end.

I have no idea which side it came from but that photo is completely inconclusive. Occam's Razor leans towards Aberdeen fans as the distance involved from the yellow area is far more realistic - ie a they would have to throw it half a column compared to two and a half from the Rangers end. Of course the seat wasn't necessarily thrown from where it was originally installed.

However, the more I look at it and think about it as objectively as possible, the more plausible scenario (but not beyond a lot of doubt) - solely based on this evidence would be the seat thrown by an Aberdeen supporter.

But I'm willing to accept that it could still easily have been a Rangers fan - although he'd have to take the seat walk over through quite a lot of fans in the red seats to throw it unless it was from the access at the top where the stewards would be... or maybe it was passed along or something.

An Aberdeen fan could have far more easily done it without moving anywhere - and misjudged his strength.

As said, that is with the assumption that Rangers fans were in the red "Celtic" area - if not, then the plausibility is reversed.

Your assumption is incorrect, and that plan is out of date.

The red section (S & T) was previously given to Rangers and Celtic but is now all Aberdeen, this changed because Aberdeen used to make available tickets to away fans but after a Celtic visit they refused to pay Aberdeen for repairs due to the fact that Celtic claimed Aberdeen sold the tickets and not Celtic.

The Rangers allocation on Sunday was 2041 in sections P,Q and R.

This may be enlightening, a comment on the video.

The seat was initially thrown from the Rangers end this is correct, it was then thrown back towards the Rangers fans, fortunately it hit one of you sheep fuckers first. That my blackface friend is known as an epic fail.

This may be enlightening, a comment on the video.

So, IF TRUE, much like the SC Final where "Had HIbs fans not encroached on the pitch then Rangers fans wouldn't have either" this one is a case of "If a Rangers fan hadn't decided to launch a chair at Aberdeen fans then the Aberdeen fans wouldn't have attempted launching it back". Cant have it both ways.

Sorry JFK but I am struggling to find in what way it is "enlightening".

Again, IF TRUE, then the Rangers fan should never have launched it. It really is that simple.

Can someone enlighten me on this. I read about people been given tickets for away games. Surely these tickets are numbered and it can be traced to exactly who is missing a seat. Is that too simplistic?

It's a tad simplistic. In theory it works that way but in practice it doesn't, the club would have a record of who they gave the tickets to but not any further than that. Tickets get passed and swapped around all the time , we had 7 in total on Sunday but only received 2x2 from Rangers and picked up a pair and a single from other sources. This happens with RSC's all the time mainly at but not restricted to away games.

So, IF TRUE, much like the SC Final where "Had HIbs fans not encroached on the pitch then Rangers fans wouldn't have either" this one is a case of "If a Rangers fan hadn't decided to launch a chair at Aberdeen fans then the Aberdeen fans wouldn't have attempted launching it back". Cant have it both ways.

Sorry JFK but I am struggling to find in what way it is "enlightening".

Again, IF TRUE, then the Rangers fan should never have launched it. It really is that simple.

Enlightening in the sense that it's a possible explanation. I'm in the same boat as you, I don't know if it's true it's simply another possibility but given the obsessive hatred I saw come from them before this match I would automatically doubt anything they had to say on anything at all.

How could I ever trust the word of a group so far gone they think 'Durrant dived' is a rational thing to say.