Foul that never was

As for goal comments heard were no goalkeeper in the world could have stopped that,with which I agree,probably a once in a lifetime for the boy.

Not if they start where Foderingham started then there probably isn't, but if a keeper sets himself in a good position then I disagree many would have saved it. It came from around 30 yards he had plenty of time to get across if he was in a good position.

Edited by pete

Not if they start where Foderingham started then there probably isn't, but if a keeper sets himself in a good position then I disagree many would have saved it. It came from around 30 yards he had plenty of time to get across if he was in a good position.

Way too much scrutiny put on the goalie here, IMHO. How many goals did Tav score that were down to bad goalie position last season - would be the resulting question?

Nobody's being over critical of the 'keeper. In a perfect world he might have stood a bit nearer to his right post. Might have got it. Might not. He shouldn't be losing any sleep. The strike was brilliant. The player's young so he might do it again some time but probably not Saturday. That should be next match day. Saturdays have been abolished.

As for Tav's goals, there's a difference from the goalkeeper's perspective between rockets on the run and free kicks. For the latter the 'keeper gets to set the agenda by his positioning and arrangement of the defence.