Foul that never was

If it's viewed in a fast stop start fashion it's obvious he took the ball and the boy went down with not a single touch on him. That referee has to be embarrassed that he robbed of us a match with such incompetence. Aside from that which is bad enough he also booked a man who had done nothing wrong and gave a free kick to another who should have been booked for diving.

I don't believe for a second the Aberdeen player should have been booked for diving.

Just because one player gets the ball does not automatically mean the other has dived. Tavernier clearly won the ball and should never have had either a free kick or yellow against him. However, likewise, the challenge was such that the Aberdeen player was also likely to go down.

Wasn't a free kick. Wasn't a yellow card. Wasn't a dive.

I don't believe for a second the Aberdeen player should have been booked for diving.

Just because one player gets the ball does not automatically mean the other has dived. Tavernier clearly won the ball and should never have had either a free kick or yellow against him. However, likewise, the challenge was such that the Aberdeen player was also likely to go down.

Wasn't a free kick. Wasn't a yellow card. Wasn't a dive.

I have watched it enlarged and in slowmo. He starts going down the instant Tavernier touches the ball and I can see no contact with the boy which would cause him to go down. And if you want to take that facet out of it we're still left with the fact that this referee was so incompetent he changed the outcome of a game with no legitimate reason.

What makes it even worse is that he's right next to it.

On another note given from where the free-kick was, I have no idea Why Foderingham started so much to the left-hand side of the goal. If the ball had of gone to the back post he would have had far more time. Plus from that position 9 out of 10 times the ball would have went to his right-hand side of the goal. He should have been standing in the centre or centre-right of the goal

Some you get some you don't

I thought the Referee had a good game up until the Kranjcar booking. That was never a booking. Then Shinnie made the exact same tackle a few minutes later and gets away with it when he was on a red. Shinnie had also persistently fouled during the whole game and should have been booked for that alone

Hayes dived about all afternoon getting 2 players booked in the process and agree that Foderingham's starting position was wrong and should have been more central.

The ref should have booked Shinnie for an identical foul but chose not to give him a second.

The Kranjcar booking spoilt it for the ref as he got whistle happy from that point on.