New Kit Boycott

• 2 weeks later...
And I'm now sitting at Glasgow Airport and there is one, with his wife and kids, plonked himself down with his Mhanky top on!!! Why oh why??

Just don't get too close in case he starts trying to make conversation with you.

Bernadette & the weans are probably trying to disown him

The Family McFail went to the Vatican to see the pope. They all got dressed up putting on their Green and Grey sellick tops. Once they reached St Peter's square, wee Liam pushed his way down to the front to try and get the pope's attention. He felt having his new Sellick shirt on the pope must notice him as he stood out amongst the rest. As the pope-mobile passed Liam jumped and shouted as high and as hard he could but the pope just ignored him and drove on. Then a few yards further the pope=mobile stopped and a new feeling of joy engulfed Liam. The pope must have seen him after all. The pope got out the mobile but to Liam's dismay the pope approached a small boy wearing a Rangers top. The pope knelt down putting his arm round the boy and talked to him for a few minutes. It was now a feeling of rejection and Jealousy that Liam felt as he went back to his family. The pope talking to a boy in a Rangers shirt was unthinkable to Liam.

Determined to meet the pope the next day Liam toured all the sports shops in Rome until he found a Rangers shirt.

Then full of new determination the family returned to St Peters Square. Again Liam pushed his way down to the front wearing a brand new Rangers shirt this time. As the pope-mobile approached, again Liam jumped and shouted as hard and high as he could. To his delight the pope-mobile stopped and the pope walked up to Liam and put his arm around him. Liam could hardly contain his excitement. Then the pope whispered in his ear.

"Listen son I thought I told you yesterday to fuck off and not come back. This is your last warning now Fuck-off.:)

Lot's of attention on the new tops and whilst they are the headline grabbers and many have refused to buy them, what about every other bit of branded merchandise.

I wonder how may of those who condemn the fans wearing this seasons tops have succumbed to purchasing other retail products since the SD RR JV dispute began?

New baby in the family? been tempted to buy bibs, babygrows, mini strips?

Rangers calendar this year anyone?

what about birthdays ?

It's easy to take the moral high ground and boycott the replica kit (very easy for me cos I'm too old and fat to wear them) but how many will admit to some wee purchase in a moment of weakness?

mea culpa

Lot's of attention on the new tops and whilst they are the headline grabbers and many have refused to buy them, what about every other bit of branded merchandise.

I wonder how may of those who condemn the fans wearing this seasons tops have succumbed to purchasing other retail products since the SD RR JV dispute began?

Rangers calendar this year anyone?

what about birthdays ?

It's easy to take the moral high ground and boycott the replica kit (very easy for me cos I'm too old and fat to wear them) but how many will admit to some wee purchase in a moment of weakness?

mea culpa

I think the megastore still does OK on match-days so it's still very much a minority that perform a total boycott.

However, there's no doubt both the club and SD are losing out via the ongoing retail agreement issues. It's amazing such stubbornness is costing our club millions and I think of that any time I consider buying official merchandise, no matter the item.

Even my 12 yr old now understands just what Sports Direct means. He says he will never buy anything from there again. Good lad.

Unless of course a new more suitable agreement were struck with Sports Direct but I hope it doesn't come to another deal with Ashley in any way shape or form.

Edited by JFK-1

Maybe it's just me, but I find that kind of merchandise just wrong. Kids should choose their team, understandably in the face of a bit of natural influence from family, but that to me smacks more of brain washing, and if nothing else, a lack of class - worse than wearing a top on holiday.

And for me, I really don't get the irresistible temptation to buy stuff with Rangers all over it.

I used to buy the tops to play football, and now I've started playing again I have plenty to choose from, although strangely some are pretty crap as sports wear - expensive sports wear too.