Rangers boss Mark Warburton makes Old Firm admission:

Rangers boss Mark Warburton makes Old Firm admission: Celtic drubbing may be my fault

MARK WARBURTON has admitted he may be to blame for Rangers’ collapse at Parkhead last weekend.

By Scott Burns

PUBLISHED: 00:02, Wed, Sep 14, 2016 | UPDATED: 00:09, Wed, Sep 14, 2016

The Ibrox boss has sifted through the wreckage of the 5-1 thrashing at the hands of Celtic.

And the Gers boss believes his players were confused by his adapted game plan.

He explained: “We have to look at it, and you have to self-analyse and be self-critical, and you have to react to Saturday but the real danger is that you over-react. There is a fine balance there.

“We were aware of being split as a unit and we didn’t press the game on the front foot as we normally do.

“We didn’t show the high-pressing part of our game and, again, that could be a mixed message.

“If it is, that’s my fault, nobody else’s fault. But the point was we wanted to try to stop balls being fed in and also press up, and I think we were maybe caught between the two for periods on Saturday.

“Did we test their goalkeeper enough? No, but we got in some good areas to hurt him.

“But you can’t afford to make individual errors and that comes down to the whole team taking collective responsibility for that.”