Seems the pundits may be converging on the view that Liverpool may be on track this season. And I would say if they do win the league the reputation of Klopp will go stratospheric given the massive financial advantages others have. BBC article pointing out some interesting statistics.

After his team's 6-1 thrashing of Watford, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp played down the parallels with the buccaneering side of 2013-14 that could not quite reel in the Premier League title despite a glut of goals.

"This is not the team of two years ago," he said. "This is a new group."

But there is more than a hint of the attacking of the class of 2014 in Liverpool's current form.

The win over Watford was the fifth time this season that they have scored four or more goals in a Premier League game.

The 2013-14 side, powered by Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge, managed the feat in 11 games across the whole season.

That figure is a record that they share with the Manchester City side that beat them to the title that year.

If they continue at their present rate, Klopp's side will score four goals in 17 Premier League games this season.

But while they are similarly free-scoring, the current Liverpool side share the goals around far more.

After 11 league games of 2013-14 five players had scored for Liverpool - Sturridge, Suarez, Victor Moses, Steven Gerrard and Martin Skrtel.

With Georginio Wijnaldum adding his name to the scoresheet against the Hornets, Liverpool have 10 Premier League scorers already this season. And Sturridge is not yet one of them.

Just to round off an impressive set of stats for the Reds, they had 17 shots on target at Anfield on Sunday.

That is the most that Opta has seen in the Premier League since they started collecting data in the 2003-04 season.

EXACTLY Gribz.

Anyone can use whatever stretch of games they like to prove their point. But right now I would fear playing Liverpool more than I would fear Chelsea.

Plus Arsenal are unbeaten since the opening day of the season and had a stretch of 7 wins in a row. Considering its reasonable still early in the season form goes back to the last 6-9 games IMO.

Plus Arsenal are unbeaten since the opening day of the season and had a stretch of 7 wins in a row. Considering its reasonable still early in the season form goes back to the last 6-9 games IMO.

Might escape notice that Totenham are the only team in the entire league still unbeaten and the only one of the top 4 who have played Liverpool and come out with a point. Liverpool have defeated both Arsenal and Chelsea away from home and drew with Totenham away from home and that's an impressive return by any standards. How many others will take 7 points from 9 away from home against top 4 opposition?

The only current top 4 side Liverpool haven't played is City and that's going to happen at Anfield on hogmanay no less. If Liverpool continue winning between now and then and beat City they will begin to look like Champions. Might be in their favour that they have no Euro distractions though neither do Chelsea.

Yet when I told you that you were very premature in writing Chelsea off you had absolutely zero hesitation in saying they had NO CHANCE of winning the league.

See, it is all this definitive superlatives which gets you caught with your pants down SBS.

After 6 games played Chelsea were 8 points behind Man City, 8th in the league and were on a run of three games without a win (with back to back defeats). Given that Man City were flying, the title did look gone. Man City then collapsed and Chelsea can't stop winning. I haven't been caught with my pants down at all. Speaking of which, your knickers certainly seem to be in a twist here. Why is that?

Chelsea had only had a couple of poor results and you already were on their backs. Now that Conte and his team have turned the corner you are waxing lyrical. Instead of saying at the time something like "They way Chelsea are playing I just cant see them maintaining a challenge" you said they had "zero chance". Now you have completely flipped a 180.

Chelsea had a disastrous start to the season, which has now been rectified. I have flipped 180 because that's exactly what they have done.

And I will say whatever the hell I want. You're not the arbitrator of what is and isn't acceptable terminology to use with regards to discussing football. You're welcome to ignore what I say if it offends you so deeply. You would think you never get anything wrong :rolleyes:.

What was it you were saying about Arsenal looking to sign James Vardy for £20 million again...peanuts was the word I believe you used. Remind me how many goals he's scored this season?

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?78094-Arsenal-bid-for-Vardy&highlight=Vardy

Saying it as you see it isn't the same as being right, as you are now finding out with your own team.....

Again, I'll continue saying whatever I want - thanks.

Oh please. a couple of weeks ago and you were saying they were shite.

Perfect ? Sure. You love the superlatives - the only issue is that you aren't that often accurate with them. They are far from perfect.

I said they were playing shite when they were doing so. Now they're playing excellently and I'm giving them the credit they deserve. I'm not really sure why you're obsessionally analysing every single word I use to try and ridicule it, but I'm sure if I paid close enough attention I could find plenty examples of you talking nonsense.

And they themselves got absolutely destroyed at Emirates. Your point ?

Sure, they can only beat what has been put in front of them but when you consider Liverpool have beaten Arsenal and Chelsea away as well as having gained a point at Spurs you have to look beyond just the results and look to WHO those results have come against.

Everton have looked poor in recent weeks - though there is no doubt that Chelsea were excellent at the weekend. But perfect ? Easy.

Lets see where all the teams are after the 1st half of the season and see what kind of run in they have - Liverpool are playing most of the big teams at home in the 2nd half due to the ground improvements and that may just determine where the league goes.

I don't want Liverpool to win it despite liking Klopp. But they look more likely than Chelsea to me at this moment in time with how they are dismantling teams.

My point is that Chelsea are the most on form team in the league at the moment. People can argue until they're blue in the face, but nothing will dispute that fact.

Which emocion did you miss out there mate ? :razz:

Anybody think either the Liverpool board or fans would consider swapping Klopp to bring back the genius of Brendan? ;)

Chances are Rodgers will be living on that one Suarez inspired season for years.

After 11 league games of 2013-14 five players had scored for Liverpool - Sturridge, Suarez, Victor Moses, Steven Gerrard and Martin Skrtel.

With Georginio Wijnaldum adding his name to the scoresheet against the Hornets, Liverpool have 10 Premier League scorers already this season. And Sturridge is not yet one of them.

Just to round off an impressive set of stats for the Reds, they had 17 shots on target at Anfield on Sunday.

That is the most that Opta has seen in the Premier League since they started collecting data in the 2003-04 season.

That alone is probably good enough to cement the genius of Klopp and if he wins that league which looks perfectly feasible at this stage he's going to be legendary.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to have the games back today.

Man Utd v Arsenal, I have backed a bore 0-0 and wouldn't mind if I am wrong for some entertainment. Id would take Arsenal over Man Utd today, they look much stronger.

Big games over Europe all weekend.

Man Utd v Arsenal

Leeds v Newcastle

Dortmund v Bayern

AC Milan v Inter Milan

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid