Things can change very quickly in football. When I made those comments Chelsea were playing terribly and were miles away from challenging. Since changing the formation to 3-4-3 they're destroying everything put in front of them. I call it as I see it and this side is going to win the league.

Yet when I told you that you were very premature in writing Chelsea off you had absolutely zero hesitation in saying they had NO CHANCE of winning the league.

See, it is all this definitive superlatives which gets you caught with your pants down SBS.

Chelsea had only had a couple of poor results and you already were on their backs. Now that Conte and his team have turned the corner you are waxing lyrical. Instead of saying at the time something like "They way Chelsea are playing I just cant see them maintaining a challenge" you said they had "zero chance". Now you have completely flipped a 180.

Saying it as you see it isn't the same as being right, as you are now finding out with your own team.....

On form Chelsea are the best team in the league currently. They look perfect.

Oh please. a couple of weeks ago and you were saying they were shite.

Perfect ? Sure. You love the superlatives - the only issue is that you aren't that often accurate with them. They are far from perfect.

It doesn't really matter who Chelsea have been playing, though they have also destroyed Everton and Man Utd. What I'm saying is a fact: Chelsea are the most on form team at the moment based on their recent form. They can only beat the opposition put in front of them and this is clearly a different side to the onethat faced Liverpool and Arsenal .

And they themselves got absolutely destroyed at Emirates. Your point ?

Sure, they can only beat what has been put in front of them but when you consider Liverpool have beaten Arsenal and Chelsea away as well as having gained a point at Spurs you have to look beyond just the results and look to WHO those results have come against.

Everton have looked poor in recent weeks - though there is no doubt that Chelsea were excellent at the weekend. But perfect ? Easy.

Lets see where all the teams are after the 1st half of the season and see what kind of run in they have - Liverpool are playing most of the big teams at home in the 2nd half due to the ground improvements and that may just determine where the league goes.

I don't want Liverpool to win it despite liking Klopp. But they look more likely than Chelsea to me at this moment in time with how they are dismantling teams.

Edited by craig

Over 5 games yes. Over 8 games no. So it depends how far you take it back. But I would be more worried about Liverpool than Chelsea right now if I was one of the other rivals.

EXACTLY Gribz.

Anyone can use whatever stretch of games they like to prove their point. But right now I would fear playing Liverpool more than I would fear Chelsea.

Over 5 games yes. Over 8 games no. So it depends how far you take it back. But I would be more worried about Liverpool than Chelsea right now if I was one of the other rivals.

Agree. I look at the Liverpool team on paper and it's a big "meh". But Klopp seems to have them playing like supermen. Early days but they'll take a bit of stopping.

Edited by Norris Cole

Agree. I look at the Liverpool team on paper and it's a big "meh". But Klopp seems to have them playing like supermen. Early days but they'll take a bit of stopping.

And arguably may be even more unstoppable if Klopp conducts a bit of shrewd January window business and you would imagine if he told the board a player or two might bring the title they would be right behind him. Even if just to guarantee a champions league spot which at this stage looks highly likely anyway.

The bookies currently have City favourites for the title with Liverpool just behind them as second favourites.