Starting 11

That simply isn't true - it wasn't a single runner. Dembele had the ball and also had Sinclair alongside him as our defence struggled to get back after such a terrible ball from Kiernan.

3rd goal was onside, fairly comfortably even though it didn't look it.

I think Rogic is under-rated. I think he is a very good player.

Something seems to be wrong in the dressing room for us - last season our squad would have run through a brick wall for each other - this season there seems to be a lack of drive.

The ball never left Dembele's foot and Senderos had no idea that Sinclair was behind him, and hence was not concerned about two attackers. I was trying to be kind when I said - 'the rest of the defence' - because Kiernan didn't arrive until the ball was passed his outstretched leg and in the net.

MW got it wrong today - first time Ive said that. Having Miller and Garner together was a non starter.

And they looked fitter and faster than us all over the park. It looked like some of the awful days under McLeish there.

Kranjcar looks finished. He can pass a ball but cant run, he looks like he is playing exhibition matches.

Garner looks a waste of money, not a MW type of player at all.

Windass looks a player.

I think today should be looked at as a reality check and a wake up call for those who believe we are anywhere near good enough to compete with them...we aint and we are a long way short. Its not that they are good, they are quite average for a team who have dominated for the past few years, but we are absolutely way off the level we need to be.

You get what you pay for and that reflects exactly how we have strengthened over the summer. If anyone thinks Kranjcar and Senderos are the quality of player we need to sign to compete... you watch a different game from me....both freebies and it shows. Windas looked good when given the ball and the chance to run at them ....but that only happened a couple of times, it was a very poor performance with only fleeting glimpses of anything... our midfield was over run at times and that defence is an absolute disaster waiting to happen and can give a goal away at the blink of an eye.

I can't fault them, they are for the most part, out of their depth in that environment and playing against a pretty strong but average team. The manager has been working with a budget of jack shit and when you have jack shit you end up with jack shit. This was the first team in the top half of the league we have played so far, so if I am worried, very worried about how things are going to pan out this season. Top 5 is my expectation and if they can get 3rd that will be a major boost.

I have been consistent in a few things the past few years and one of them has been to question the lack of investment being made at the club. We have NO investment coming in, we have no routes of finance or finance streams, thanks to who our chairman is, we can not attract a single external investor, can not float on the stock market and we have no chance of doing so until there are changes.... so this I am afraid is as good as it gets until there are changes at the top.

Just being there today is an achievement and a great achievement, considering where we were and where we have come from....but the next step must be taken ...and you cant build teams and clubs on false promises and crumbs....this is your wake up call guys....do not let it go unnoticed or in challenged....remember what happened when we didn't change things in the past?

GSTQ

The ball never left Dembele's foot and Senderos had no idea that Sinclair was behind him, and hence was not concerned about two attackers. I was trying to be kind when I said - 'the rest of the defence' - because Kiernan didn't arrive until the ball was passed his outstretched leg and in the net.

Doesn't make any difference, it still wasn't a single runner.

Senderos did exactly the same as Kranjcar did against Accies - dived in prematurely. Senderos was close enough to Dembele that all he really needed to do was put pressure on him - the lunge he made was amateurish.

There was NOBODY else defending - but it is difficult to see fault with that because a second before Dembele got the ball we were in possession under no pressure - the ball from Kiernan ensured nobody would be able to get back in time. Was a ridiculous ball to give.

what about Crooks.....can he not play there ?

From what I have heard he was poor at CB when at Accrington and only really came onto a game when played in midfield. That said, he surely cant be worse than what we have in defence now...

MW got it wrong today - first time Ive said that. Having Miller and Garner together was a non starter.

And they looked fitter and faster than us all over the park. It looked like some of the awful days under McLeish there.

Kranjcar looks finished. He can pass a ball but cant run, he looks like he is playing exhibition matches.

Garner looks a waste of money, not a MW type of player at all.

Windass looks a player.

In the 1st half, Kranjcar lost the ball (yeah, I know, happened too many times to be specific) and he started "running" back to try to recover the lost ball - he looked like he was running through treacle. Slower than me and, trust me, that is very, very difficult to do.

I am giving Garner the benefit of the doubt - there was very little service there and Miller spent much of the match having to track back.

Windass is going to be an absolute steal - when his father said he could be playing for England in a couple of years I put it down to typical fathers being blinkered but Deano has made an accurate assessment in my opinion - the lad looked like a veteran of OF games - probably the single shining light for me in an awful 90 minutes.

Churlish regards your statement re chairman as without his intervention we would not be here as a club as Sh****y and his team would have finished what Green,Whyte et all did not manage.

We are back in the SPL and should consolidate this season with a top 6 finish at least and take bigger strides as and when we can.

Should the unthinkable happen and we have another financial melt-down it might not be that we survive and if we do and have to undertake another "journey" how many of us would be up for it.

It's time for everyone to take a "realistic" view of things just now.