Starting 11

MW is definitely feeling pressure and that's the only reason I can think of to go to three at the back while 3-1 down at the piggery?? Completely mental!

I agree with the vast majority of your postings coop but the only thing mental about the above is that you cant see why he did it.

It wasn't completely mental at all.

We were down 3-1 - if you are happy enough playing out time whilst down 3-1 then fine. But I much prefer going for it and if that means spewing a couple more goals then so be it.

He sacrificed a defender to commit more men forward, he chased the game.

If you think that is mental then fair enough. But if that were another manager that shall remain nameless.... and they simply kept 4 defenders on the pitch and tried to go for damage limitation we would have been calling for his head.

Cant have it both ways :thup:

Can't disagree more - with budget we have and the players we have brought in we should finish at least second.

You can't use the fact we have been in the lower leagues as an excuse as half our team have just arrived.

The fact that more than half the team have just arrived should be reason enough.

Yes we SHOULD finish 2nd, nobody disputes that.

What riles me is how so many of our fans have become short-temists. Rangers have a long and storied history of showing faith in managers. Why is that no longer the case ?

Galls me to see us talking about a manager getting his jotters after a successful season and 5 games of the following one. Its lunacy.

Can't disagree more - with budget we have and the players we have brought in we should finish at least second.

You can't use the fact we have been in the lower leagues as an excuse as half our team have just arrived.

Completely agree with this statement. Objectively, if we were going to finish 3/4/5 why spend almost 2m on one player from PNE and bring in 5-6 players who will be on a combined wage of 100k a week?? No other team to in Scotland can get near that.

Third or fourth we would have to live with but if it was and other team with an outlay which is second highest in their respective league, then second would be expected with the hope of challenging for the title.

Again I'm not calling for anyone's head but if this was a 2/3 year project we would not have the financial outlay. We have spent to challenge or at least come second. We are struggling badly.

Positives:- Foddy no chance with goals a couple of good saves and catches,Windass a shoe in for regular start,Miller worked to good effect supporting Tav and setting up goal,Tav a better defensive display and Barton didn't hide other than that hard to think of any more.

Positives:- Foddy no chance with goals a couple of good saves and catches,Windass a shoe in for regular start,Miller worked to good effect supporting Tav and setting up goal,Tav a better defensive display and Barton didn't hide other than that hard to think of any more.

Agree with you mate except Barton was poor----a letdown.As you state he had plenty company.

The fact that more than half the team have just arrived should be reason enough.

Yes we SHOULD finish 2nd, nobody disputes that.

What riles me is how so many of our fans have become short-temists. Rangers have a long and storied history of showing faith in managers. Why is that no longer the case ?

Galls me to see us talking about a manager getting his jotters after a successful season and 5 games of the following one. Its lunacy.

Agree with what you say too Craig. If it's a 2/3 year project then fair enough, that makes sense, but why layout on short term players bought so we challenge? It's not working. In all honesty watching some players today, they looked like they chucked it?? That's worrying and when you are at the game you notice players reactions off the ball as opposed to following the ball on tv. Genuinely, a few of them have up, started hiding and chucked it??.

I'm only posting what I saw today, and have been alluding to in recent weeks. The last comment I have is 5-1 is unacceptable, it dosnt matter the circumstance. 7k bears, including myself just went to the piggery and watched us be outplayed and well beaten 5-1. We also watched players in a Rangers jersey chuck it. Unacceptable and we mustn't use excuses.

Agree with you mate except Barton was poor----a letdown.As you state he had plenty company.

It's time someone brought up the elephant in the room.....

Much of the reason we have been as poor as we are is because of Barton. He is in the engine room but hasn't influenced ANY game he has been involved in.

Rossiter is, presently, a far better option and, indeed, so too is Halliday.

Playing Barton and Kranjcar today was a sure sign of a lost game for me. Kranjcar needs more time than he was ever going to be allowed and Barton isn't mobile enough.

Agree with what you say too Craig. If it's a 2/3 year project then fair enough, that makes sense, but why layout on short term players bought so we challenge? It's not working. In all honesty watching some players today, they looked like they chucked it?? That's worrying and when you are at the game you notice players reactions off the ball as opposed to following the ball on tv. Genuinely, a few of them have up, started hiding and chucked it??.

I'm only posting what I saw today, and have been alluding to in recent weeks. The last comment I have is 5-1 is unacceptable, it dosnt matter the circumstance. 7k bears, including myself just went to the piggery and watched us be outplayed and well beaten 5-1. We also watched players in a Rangers jersey chuck it. Unacceptable and we mustn't use excuses.

The only short term options that we brought in were Hill, Kranjcar and Barton. Hill was a free, early window and we knew we needed CB's. Kranjcar was always worth a punt given his quality and history. Barton has a 2 yr contract so you cant even say he was brought in just for this season. Garner has a 3 yr deal and all the rest are younger guys.

There is no doubt that MW expects(ed) to be challenging this season and he brought players in that he felt would assist in the challenge - if we are all being honest we all thought his acquisitions were excellent with the players he brought in and we thought we would be challenging. However, if we are also being honest with ourselves regarding Celtic, they had far more money to spend and always were going to do so. It isn't solely what we do in the marketplace that matters, especially when we are poor in comparison to them.

We've lost by more than 5-1 previously and come back all the stronger for it. At least we aren't Tims, that is enough solace in an otherwise horrible day.