Adrian Durham in fine form on Talksport

What I find incredible was actually a point the Mhank made re woolworths(wow, what a trumpet! Lol) anyway, so woolys went out of business and is no more. Aha! He cries, "so did Rangers, so they are no more" partially he is correct of course, in that the business, or holding company for the club did indeed, cease to trade. However at no point did the club cease to exist.

I can't understand why they can't understand(ok I know why, but you get the picture) the difference between the "business" and "the club"??? I'm no expert in the business and financial world and I can easily distinguish the difference.

The club was never affected. It's history was never affected. Ibrox stadium our home was never affected, the supporters didn't vanish(oh but many a wet dream was enjoyed by the soap Dodgers over the thought!) the club itself never stopped playing.

One day, or in all probability, we will soon find groups of the delusional and psychologically distressed unwashed wandering the streets of Glasgow on a cold and misty winters evening, howling at the fucking moon!!???. Pmsl!

Cmon eh bears! WATP!

He should have asked him for a link to this UEFA claim which would instantly have exposed him even further as a complete weirdo who has been getting his info from his mate Paddy's blog. It's actually totally hysterical. Adrian Durham isn't in posession of the "full facts" because he hasn't seen the blog of Timmy there's mate Paddy where real information is available.

THIS is what UEFA have registered for Rangers.

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=50121/profile/

Last fixture Kilmarnock 1 - Rangers 1

Biggest win:

28/09/1983, Rangers 10-0 Valletta, Glasgow

Biggest defeat:

09/10/1963, Real Madrid 6-0 Rangers, Madrid

Appearances in UEFA Champions League: 30

Appearances in UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: 10

Appearances in UEFA Europa League: 16

Player with most UEFA appearances: 82

Barry Ferguson ( SCO)

Top scorers in UEFA club competitions: 22

Timmy needs to find a better blog than Paddy's.

They just keep repeaing the new club nonsense hoping people will start to believe it.

Both the UEFA and SPFL websites clearly show Rangers history from 1872 to present day.

Maybe there are more IT-illiterate yahoos than we thought

Along with the ECA, ASA and Lord Nimmo Smith

Along with the ECA, ASA and Lord Nimmo Smith

They never consulted Paddy's blog though did they?

Here it all is in a single article but again no consultation with Paddy's blog.

In December SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster insisted Rangers are the same club which existed before liquidation.

He said: "In terms of the question about old club, new club, that was settled very much by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission that was put together by the SPL to look at EBT payments at that time.

"The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same.

"It's the same club, absolutely.

"The member club is the entity that participates in our league and we have 42 member clubs."

That commission's decision referred to "the board of directors of Oldco as a company, as distinct from the football management or players of Rangers FC as a club..."

The Advertising Standards Authority in December, 2013, in considering challenges to Rangers' claims as "Scotland's most successful club", supported the view that continuity of history continued.

It has emerged that UEFA confirmed to the ASA that its rules allowed for the recognition of the "sporting continuity" of a club's match record, even if that club's corporate structure had changed.

The European Club Association, the sole independent body recognised by UEFA and FIFA as representing clubs at European level confirmed Rangers remain as members of the organisation in December, 2012 after the transfer of ownership.

You can't reason with unreasonable people though!,they are bitter,sectarian,thick twats!............

Yes but they get their lies across. People listening to that show will think Uefa have said that we are a new club.

Yes but they get their lies across. People listening to that show will think Uefa have said that we are a new club.

I think perhaps that one in particular truly was so stupid he thinks UEFA really did say that because another of his kind said so and he didn't have the IQ to actually check the UEFA website before repeating it. That's what made it all the more comical when he told Adrian Durham that "you don't have the full facts"

I think perhaps that one in particular truly was so stupid he thinks UEFA really did say that because another of his kind said so and he didn't have the IQ to actually check the UEFA website before repeating it. That's what made it all the more comical when he told Adrian Durham that "you don't have the full facts"

Yes comical to us who know the truth but most people listening won't have and will think he is right re Uefa. I just wish that someone had known and called him out on it. i also wish that someone had asked why it cost so much more than usual for a ticket for today....

The fun here is, that e.g. UEFA agreed that the newly formed Fiorentina club "bought" a.k.a. inherited the history and trophies and colours of the old club, which eventually ceased to exist. And that the current Fiorentina is regarded - world-wide - as the one we played some "epic" games in Europe in the 1960s.

Their outrage should give us strengths. It would have been marvelous had we won the SFA Cup lasts eason, as it would have buried their myth-mongering for good (well, not amongst those maniacs). Now we have to wait for the first silverware this season.

BTW, I do refrain from repeating the "55 - it is only a matter of time" stuff we had at the beginning of season 2011/12. Won't want to tempt Fate ...

Edited by der Berliner