Rangers and Hibs issued with Notices of Complaint

Surely if the invite came and it was set in concrete any invited club only has to hand in their resignation from their current association.

As far as i'm aware that's exactly all that's required. It's happened before and nobody can stop it. ALL of the top clubs in England resigned from the old first division to create the premier league and the same thing happened in Scotland to create the SPL. Nobody can dictate to a club which league they're going to play in.

Edited by JFK-1

One thing Preston fans don't like about this proposal is that it reduces the Championship from 24 clubs to 20 which they think could feasibly reduce them to league 1 status indefinitely.

With the reduction of the Championship to 20 teams plus this Scottish entryism, we could kiss goodbye to the Championship and consider ourselves a permanent League 1 club thereafter.

Maybe you're aware of something unknown to me? Can you show me something demonstrating that the SFA can decide where Rangers choose to play their football? I have never seen anything that remotely suggested the SFA can tell anyone what to do with their club. The media never mention any such thing when all manner of alternative leagues are raised whether it be England or a North Atlantic league.

This is a private company, the SFA don't own it. They could allow us or disallow us to play in the Scottish cup but outside that they're nothing to my knowledge. But again if you can show me anything suggesting otherwise I would be interested to see it.

The SFA licence every single football match played in Scotland apart from garden kickabouts mate. There is no problem with Rangers joining the English league. But we would not be playing any games at Ibrox or anywhere else in Scotland unless we had the permission of the SFA.

The SFA licence every single football match played in Scotland apart from garden kickabouts mate. There is no problem with Rangers joining the English league. But we would not be playing any games at Ibrox or anywhere else in Scotland unless we had the permission of the SFA.

can't see how that can be true

An uneducated view ...

What would they do? Send the police to stop us playing? Obviously, the drawback would be that only members of certain organizations can play in certain competitions (e.g. SFA Cup, Champions League via the SFA/SPFL), but if a club choses to play in a seperate entity such as a possible British League NOT under the jurisdiction of the SFA, so what? All they can do is forbid/excommunicate any player playing there from international games (for Scotland or anyone else). While people may point out the loss of income et al, it would all only refer to the SFA, SPFL, Scottish competition's loss, as a Rangers in the British League will earn much more playing there than in Scotland and Europe put together. And likewise, "excommunicated" players may chose a healthy weekly paycheck over an international call-up under folk like Strachan?

Edited by der Berliner

Only the law could stop us playing football at Ibrox and even then they would need to jump through hoops with some compelling reasoning and quitting the SPL wont be compelling to the law. If the SFA wanted to stop us playing in the Scottish cup I suppose they could but particularly given recent events who cares?

The SFA have no power over who plays football where unless it's one of their competitions. If we get out I couldn't care less about the Scottish cup, would rather play in the FA cup which gets you directly into the group stage of the Europa league for one thing which the Scottish cup does not.

And if we get into the English setup where we could be earning more money in a year than in almost a decade in Scotland we will also likely end up with some of the very best Scottish talent which currently goes to the EPL. I somewhat doubt the SFA would want to turn it's back on that.

I believe we will be getting out, the only question to be asked is where we will be going and as it stands just about anything would be better than where we currently are under the auspices of an entity who think advertising boards are more important than the safety of Rangers employees simply doing their job.

All of this has nothing to do with private companies, the police of anything else. The various associations come under the umbrella of UEFA who have the power to sanction each of them for breaches. UEFA also empower the associations for matches played within their separate countries. This means that the SFA have FULL power over who plays within Scotland. If the SFA don't sanction the match you will not be allowed by the licencing committees and/or the police to play.

Breaches of the UEFA rules would or could prevent clubs playing in European competitions.

FFS guys, all of this has been covered umpteen times over the years. The last time I remember it being taken even half seriously was when Ben Turpin was in charge at the midden - the papers were full of it and even had a quote out of context by some UEFA mandarin. Wee Ben knew better than hitch his horse to the nonsense and more or less dismissed it out of hand.

All of this has nothing to do with private companies, the police of anything else. The various associations come under the umbrella of UEFA who have the power to sanction each of them for breaches. UEFA also empower the associations for matches played within their separate countries. This means that the SFA have FULL power over who plays within Scotland. If the SFA don't sanction the match you will not be allowed by the licencing committees and/or the police to play.

Breaches of the UEFA rules would or could prevent clubs playing in European competitions.

FFS guys, all of this has been covered umpteen times over the years. The last time I remember it being taken even half seriously was when Ben Turpin was in charge at the midden - the papers were full of it and even had a quote out of context by some UEFA mandarin. Wee Ben knew better than hitch his horse to the nonsense and more or less dismissed it out of hand.

Well again I simply don't believe the SFA have any power over football aside from members of their association which if we resigned we would not be. You're suggesting you know something that no one in the football league in England appears to know about for one thing. They're talking about inviting Rangers into their system when they have no idea that's impossible for some reason?

Others are talking of a North Atlantic league including Rangers when they have no idea the SFA is a dictatorship that decides who can kick a ball anywhere in Scotland? That's illogical.

And again if you have anything that can suggest you're right aside from you just saying these things I'm open to having my mind changed. But as it stands I would still absolutely believe that the SFA are absolutely nothing outside members of their association which we would not be if we resign.

I think one thing is certain as the SFA and FA are both family of UEFA they would certainly have to sanction us playing for the FA. I agree that if we went to play for a pirate association then the SFA could do nothing about it but I think Boabie is right when we are going to play for another UEFA run Association that the SFA would need to sanction it.