Scotland squad to face Malta

No, broonaldo has retired.

Wonder if Wallace has told Strachan not to bother selecting him? Can't think of any other reason not to. Lee and Barrie are a great pairing who like to get forward.

Wallace has not been chosen because he is a left back and that is by far our strongest position; no reflection on him.

I didn't previously think Strachan was anti Rangers but this squad almost proves he doesn't want to select Rangers players. McKay couldn't have been overlooked, bar Motherwell he has looked a different player at a different level. But Wallace is by far the best option at LB for the national team. I recall Davie Robertson in the 90s not getting nearly as much call ups as he should have also.

McKay is currently the only rangers player that deserves to be any where near a Scotland squad!

Wallace would have a look in if we didn't already have Andy Robertson and Kieran tierney both of which are young and great talents for Scotland in ghe future!

Halliday is a hit and a miss and would only be taking a place up in the squad he's not one of our first picks when we have our full fit 11 so what chance has he got

Playing for Scotland

Charlie Adam fears for his future with Scotland under Gordon Strachan

Charlie Adam fears he will never get to play another competitive game for Scotland while Gordon Strachan remains in charge.

The Stoke midfielder was once again overlooked when Strachan's 27-man squad for the World Cup qualifier away to Malta on September 4 was announced on Tuesday.

With captain Scott Brown retiring from international football, his place was taken by uncapped Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald instead.

Adam has played just 72 minutes of competitive football for Strachan as a substitute in games against Serbia and Wales in March 2013, two months after the manager was appointed.

He has been restricted to three friendly appearances in almost three and a half years since then - totalling just 108 minutes - and doubts whether he will feature again.

Adam told skysports.com: "Those are the stats and maybe I'm destined not to play competitively under him. It's probably not my time but we'll see what happens in the future.

"You've got to perform at club level and hope the opportunity comes. I still feel I'm good enough to make an impact.

"I'm still good enough to get in a Premier League squad and when I've played, I've made contributions to games.

"Maybe my face doesn't fit at this moment and that's just the way it goes. We'll see what happens. I look forward to trying to get back in.

"Of course, I want to see the team do well but I'd rather be part of it. It is a disappointment not being in there.

"If he feels there are better players in there than me, I'll disagree with that. That's just the way football is and you've got to take it on the chin.

"I'll be hoping to try to get back in and show him I'm good enough to be in that squad and that team. Like everybody else, I'm waiting for an opportunity."

Adam's frustration is magnified by the fact he was one of the most prominent Scottish internationals in the Premier League last season and finished higher up the table than any other.

Playing in 22 matches as Stoke came ninth, his form still didn't register on the international front and his last game for Strachan was more than a year ago in a low-key friendly against Qatar.

Adam has complained before of receiving no explanation from Strachan about why he has been left out and he remains without contact from the former Celtic boss.

"I haven't spoken to him and I've never heard from him," he added. "The last game I played was against Qatar and I've never spoken to him since.

"That's the way he is and it's the way football is. I'm disappointed he hasn't phoned me. There are lads in there who haven't been playing at their club but they've had opportunities to play.

"You've also got Leigh Griffiths who is scoring loads of goals and it's fair enough that he's in the squad but Ross McCormack has just made another £12m move and can't get anywhere near it.

"It's an issue but Scotland see fit to go with players playing in the Championship in Scotland over players who are playing in the Premier League."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12017/10549948/charlie-adam-fears-for-his-future-with-scotland-under-gordon-strachan

Whilst Adam has a point he does seem to be looking unfit and doesn't get in Stokes starting XI at the moment in the Premier League and is doing much more media work. That said he should be in the squad.