State of affairs after SPL day two

So day two of the SPL season ends with Rangers sitting in a familiar position at the top of the league heading towards day three.

The team have now proven they can win comfortably away from home at a side that has a reputation for being difficult to beat on their own patch and though the margin was just one goal that doesn't reflect the overall dominance of Rangers during a match in which a host of chances were created and more should have been scored.

The attacking display missed chances aside was certainly acceptable but once again the same old defensive frailties at set pieces in particular raised it's ugly head. But despite that we have to be happy with what was a convincing and thoroughly deserved away win with hopes that the defensive deficiencies will be ironed out in the near future.

Casting an eye around the league overall and taking into consideration that our team is still in a gelling process plus is likely to be strengthened both before this transfer window closes and during the next while the bulk of the opposition are likely to remain pretty much as they are right now I think we have to be content with the way things are beginning to shape up.

With that in mind I don't think it's much of a stretch to expect that though #55 is obviously our objective a minimum second place finish in this league which would secure Euro participation looks well within our capabilities and despite not being the ideal would still be a slap in the face to the grunts out there rambling on about "in with the big boys now" and struggling to be top 6.

In with the big boys was a vacuous grunt I saw from the usual suspects following the draw with Hamilton which is all the more ludicrous when you take into account that the lead "big boys" were themselves defeated at home by Hamilton in recent seasons. The reality is that the real big boys are back to recommence bullying the little boys.

If we're anything like a top 6 struggler I wonder what that makes Dundee and Motherwell both of whom have been defeated by us on their own ground while being comfortably outplayed.

I'm more than confident we can now beat Motherwell next week hopefully in a game where the strikers click at last to consolidate our top spot then take it from there.

We're in a very good position at this early stage with a home game against a team we already defeated away up next and look well capable of building on our current placing.

I think it would be accurate to say that none of us were happy about Dundee scoring and especially the manner of it which we have seen before but the point of my little deliberation isn't how I felt about that since that's a specific match topic issue.

it's about where we stand in the aftermath and our prospects in comparison to the rest of the league.

My own summary of that is we stand at the top of the league and in comparison to others our prospects appear good.

I think it would be accurate to say that none of us were happy about Dundee scoring and especially the manner of it which we have seen before but the point of my little deliberation isn't how I felt about that since that's a specific match topic issue.

it's about where we stand in the aftermath and our prospects in comparison to the rest of the league.

My own summary of that is we stand at the top of the league and in comparison to others our prospects appear good.

aye but my arse was flappin' for the whole of the second half

If someone had Said that to me in a boozer, two things might have happened. 1) I would have suffered a cardiac episode or 2) they would have suffered a cardiac episode ha ha lol.

All kidding aside, you have to wonder?? 4th! Wow! Think a may have ran off in some form of hysteria or trauma induced psychosis lol.

I had to walk away from a fellow Rangers fan tonight who was towing the Celtic party line that we should be happy to finish fourth.

You sure he's really not one of them? "Happy" with a 4th placed finish? I wont be happy with second but would accept it given recent circumstances.

Celtic showed nothing but contempt for that Champions Cup, fielding a team full of reserves.

Can't blame them for fielding a reserve team with the real CL coming up, they only did it for the money, but the point is the SFA should never have allowed a fixture holiday in the first place. Wonder who is in charge there? Oh wait...