[FT] Dundee 1 - 2 Rangers (Forrester 14; Miller 39)

I've watched the last 20 minutes having missed it yesterday and I have to say I wasn't nearly as concerned watching it as you guys seem to have been - though that may be because I knew the final score :D

Does the dark blue of Dundee helps loosing some grey-green stereotypes and mental issues?

DUNDEE defender Darren O’Dea PRAISED Harry Forrester for kicking back at Dens Park.

Darren O'Dea is glad Harry Forrester escaped red card

Forrester was booked early in the second half before escaping a second yellow card after a couple of further late challenges.

But asked if he felt Forrester should have been sent off, O’Dea said:

“No, he probably gets kicked more than he kicks out so fair play to him, he probably handled himself well.

“He caught me a peach but that’s the way it goes.

“I said to the ref that he had a few chances but he is a good player and was probably just handling himself.

“He probably was a bit lucky but listen it makes no difference now. The game is finished.

“To be honest with you, if it was one of my little strikers kicking centre halves I wouldn’t mind either.”

Dens boss Paul Hartley also shrugged off the controversy.

He said: He could possibly have gone but I am not here to get players sent off. That is the referee’s responsibility.

“I am more interested in my team and how they perform and the second-half performance really pleased me.”

Gers boss Mark Warburton substituted Forrester seconds after he escaped a second yellow card.

But he insisted it had nothing to do with any fears that he might be sent off.

He said: “We were going to substitute him anyway.

“I was going to do all three on the hour mark but David Weir and Jim Stewart mentioned about the danger of losing a player as we did with Waggy last week. But Michael O’Halloran was always coming on for Harry.

“That was the plan, to bring on some intensity and urgency.”

Asked if Forrester could have been sent off, Warburton added: “Another referee might have given it. I’m not sure.”

The Gers boss was more annoyed with referee Thomson’s decision to end the first half without any stoppage time.

He groaned: “I’m a bit bemused that there’s not a second extra.

“We get a free kick 21, 22 yards out in a great position for us, the clock goes from 44.59 to 45 and the whistle goes. I’ve never seen that happen anywhere else.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7224271/Darren-ODea-is-glad-Harry-Forrester-escaped-red-card.html

Edited by der Berliner

The Gers boss was more annoyed with referee Thomson’s decision to end the first half without any stoppage time.

He groaned: “I’m a bit bemused that there’s not a second extra.

“We get a free kick 21, 22 yards out in a great position for us, the clock goes from 44.59 to 45 and the whistle goes. I’ve never seen that happen anywhere else.”

I was bamboozled by that too and so was Rossiter who had just been brought down for the foul. He looked so angry that we didn't even get to take the free kick that I felt for a moment he may get in that refs face enough to get a booking. Baffling refereeing.

I was bamboozled by that too and so was Rossiter who had just been brought down for the foul. He looked so angry that we didn't even get to take the free kick that I felt for a moment he may get in that refs face enough to get a booking. Baffling refereeing.

Of course another issue missed by the beeb!

The referee was correct as far as that incident was concerned. There is time added on to take a penalty kick but not a free kick.

The only issue might be if there was time to be added for injuries but I assume the fourth official deemed otherwise.

Like TB I am really struggling with these pre-planned 60th minute substitutions; very often it seems to me those on the pitch are doing well enough and subbing them just for the sake of giving others some game time can be counter-productive when it disturbs the rhythm of the team. (Though I would certainly be looking at Miller, surely those on the side-lines can tell if he's looking fatigued and it won't necessarily always be after 60 mins, it might be earlier or later or not at all.)

Quite why MW needed help in holding back the third substitution is beyond me. There is every chance that if he hadn't made the third sub before Waghorn got injured v Hamilton we would have gone on to win the match. It's one thing if we are winning 3 or 4-0 with 10-15 minutes to go but quite another at 1-1. What if the goalkeeper had been injured?

I've watched the last 20 minutes having missed it yesterday and I have to say I wasn't nearly as concerned watching it as you guys seem to have been - though that may be because I knew the final score :D

It wan't quite like Bremen, but you are sh*tting yourself every time we have to defend a corner.

It wan't quite like Bremen, but you are sh*tting yourself every time we have to defend a corner.

I don't disagree - but Dundee gave us little to be concerned about - long hopeful punts and looking for set pieces aside.

But reading on here about how we struggled the last 20 minutes and how some Dundee player gave us huge problems in that 20 minutes was completely alien to what I witnessed when I actually watched the last 20 minutes. Dundee didn't even huff and puff, they just lumped the ball long and hoped for the best - whilst we broke beyond them a couple of times and but for timely tackles or poor decisions could have had another goal or two.

It wasn't the squeaky arse that I read on here, that's for sure.

Quite why MW needed help in holding back the third substitution is beyond me. There is every chance that if he hadn't made the third sub before Waghorn got injured v Hamilton we would have gone on to win the match. It's one thing if we are winning 3 or 4-0 with 10-15 minutes to go but quite another at 1-1. What if the goalkeeper had been injured?

Have to agree here - I always thought the introduction of the third sub was so that you could do two tactical substitutions and still have one in reserve for injury - I don't really think it should be used until the final couple of minutes unless necessary.

Having said that, I think the Forester substitution was a bit necessary without injury - but then I think he should have been hooked on 60 minutes.

It wasn't the squeaky arse that I read on here, that's for sure.

Maybe not quite squeaky bum but the last 20 minutes were definitely a bit uncomfortable at times. However, that might have been made worse for me by my internet starting to slow down and buffer quite a bit.

In fact the whole of the second half had a bit of "tension" to it that a two goal cushion would have relieved.