[FT] Dundee 1 - 2 Rangers (Forrester 14; Miller 39)

Miller off along with Halliday - both make sense.

Should have taken Forrester at that point as he had been booked and committed another blatant foul in the corner of the box. Very fortunate not to have been sent off then or after his next foul which immediately led to his substitution.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Just relieved we got 3 points today although our deficiencies were there for all to see.

Set pieces in and around the box are going to be a nightmare for us because we aren't the biggest of teams. Aside from the keeper, only Kiernan, Wilson and Wallace look to have any height about them to me. Tavernier looks quite diminutive as does Barton, Rossiter, McKay, Holt, Halliday etc etc.

What I would like to see us doing is have our 2 centre halves play zonal - but only in the sense that they position themselves on the 6 yd line, one between front post and middle of goal and other closer to the back post - and they attack absolutely anything that gets thrown in the box.

We don't have the height to prevent goals at corners other than those players mentioned - the others have to do a better job of becoming a nuisance factor to opposing players.

If we look at the goal again Barton loses the player and he gets a free header - however, even if Barton had tracked him would we have expected Barton to win the header first given he was giving away inches in height to the guy ? Yes, we continue to lose goals at set pieces, but sometimes you also have to put your hands up and say "good delivery" and "good finish".

The delivery from the corner was excellent because he put it somewhere the keeper couldn't come out and challenge for it - and whilst Barton lost the man and made it easier for him it was also a very well taken header.

Not every goal we lose will be because of poor defending - sometimes you have to admit that the opponent did something well. Whilst this isn't a perfect example of that you have to concede that it was indeed a good delivery and a good header.

back 4 are woeful at times

we play some superb stuff and can't finish it off

but how on earth did odea stay on the park in the first half after lashing out at forrester?

and how did forrester stay on in the second half?

I don't see why he took off halliday either

They phoned Howard Webb to confirm Forrester should have been sent off.!!!

Whit the fu..............k?

Why would you be surprised G ? This is only the beginning.

Forrester's tackle wasn't malicious though I guess could be considered reckless. But for me he won the ball (Sutton says "he might have got a faint touch" - nonsense Hutton, he got all ball) - his follow through was natural as he was going to ground.

To be honest, I would have been disappointed had he even been booked for it.

Similarly on the other side of the pitch when he gave a foul away, I thought he had lost the ball and simply swiped to try to win it back - no malice and slightly late - but not worthy of a booking - yet Sutton would have you believe he should have seen red for that too... or "at least a yellow" as he said in commentary.

There was also one near the end where he half came and then got caught in no mans land. Don't get me wrong I'm not pinning the blame on Fod, but we need to find a solution

Didn't see last 20 minutes as I had to go for a haircut (mis-judged KO time :D) - will watch last 20 when I get home from the gym.

Can anyone tell me our tactics for defending corners?

Is it man for man?if so then change to zonal.

If zonal then change to man for man but for fuck sake change something cause like the rest of you i'm shitting myself at every cross.

We are definitely not zonal we go man for man but seem to have trouble determining who is supposed to mark which man. In addition we don't have a commanding goalkeeper who can be relied on to come and Yale the ball in the 6 yard box.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Why would you be surprised G ? This is only the beginning.

Forrester's tackle wasn't malicious though I guess could be considered reckless. But for me he won the ball (Sutton says "he might have got a faint touch" - nonsense Hutton, he got all ball) - his follow through was natural as he was going to ground.

To be honest, I would have been disappointed had he even been booked for it.

Similarly on the other side of the pitch when he gave a foul away, I thought he had lost the ball and simply swiped to try to win it back - no malice and slightly late - but not worthy of a booking - yet Sutton would have you believe he should have seen red for that too... or "at least a yellow" as he said in commentary.

winning the ball is irrelevant, its all about how reckless the challenge is and 2 feet off the ground is pretty much a straight red these days

why on earth he was making that challenge when he was already on a booking is just incredible.

True, but that should never be the case. Differing personnel, players playing well one day and poorly the next, trying harder against one team vs another etc etc.

The only stat that will matter to me when we play Motherwell will be whether we take 3 points or not.

Totally agree, I watched it and Motherwell were pathetic. Since we already beat them on their own patch if they come to Ibrox and play like they did at parkhead we will give them another beating. And maybe Motherwell are going to be the whipping boys everybody pegged Hamilton to be.

winning the ball is irrelevant, its all about how reckless the challenge is and 2 feet off the ground is pretty much a straight red these days

why on earth he was making that challenge when he was already on a booking is just incredible.

I know that winning the ball is irrelevant - calling it "2 feet off the ground" is a stretch, it was hardly a lunging two-footed tackle FFS.

Totally agree, I watched it and Motherwell were pathetic. Since we already beat them on their own patch if they come to Ibrox and play like they did at parkhead we will give them another beating. And maybe Motherwell are going to be the whipping boys everybody pegged Hamilton to be.

Wouldn't complain if Motherwell get relegated :thup: