Kenny Miller v Hamilton - Saint or Sinner?

Unfortunately for Kiernan he still has to do a lot of covering for Tavernier,who although had a better game,still tends to wander and unlike Wallace has no right winger/midfield cover tracking back,so I think comments on him are quite harsh.

Having seen Hodson I think he is a better defensive option.

The problem is not just Tavernier. Kiernan can't get basic defending right. He is poor in 1 on 1 situations and his positional sense is very poor to say the least. You just have to look at the Stokes goal to see that. Part of a CH's job is to cover for a fullback and if a defender can read the game he should be a step in front of the winger.

Thanks for the analysis Driggs and Welcome to the site. I often wonder if people actually watch the same game. I think people in general see what they want to see. If Tannoch sees Miller then his hair is already standing on end.

Gunslinger was the same with Vuckic and I am slowly starting to only see the bad things Kiernan does.

What I will say is that on a few occasions on Saturday when a player hit the bye-line there was totally nobody in the box to pass it to. That was not only down to Miller as O'Halloran hit the bye-line a few times just to see nobody in the middle. O'Halloran is often accused of having a bad final pass but if there is nobody in the middle then he has to thread a ball through 5 or 6 defenders to try and hit a lone Ranger( excuse the pun).

I thought Barton had a good game except for a few stray passes but some people were saying he played poorly. We all seem to see games differently. The goal certainly came from his tenacity in winning the ball for Forrester to cross.

Miller may have been anonymous but the defending is now a class higher than we have been used to and Miller had a number of defenders around him. Well the defending is a class higher unless you are Rob Kieran.[emoji317]

I wasn't the problem where vuckic was concerned the ones who could only see the flashes of good were.

We couldn't win an away game with him in the team for months on end.

Agreed! If you have some arguments or want to point something out, provide some concrete evidence, if possible. I dont see anyone doing that kind of work, so I thought it was worth bringing to the table.

There is certainly a place for the type of analysis you obviously spent a lot of time on, and on a fans forum such as this it is a great discussion piece, so from that perspective I add my thanks to the others to you for taking the time to do it, even if I disagree with your conclusions.

I would add that you do not see the same game on the tv as you do live in person, as you do not see a lot of the off the ball work done, the missed opportunities when players are in space out of picture, how slow some players are to read the game when you can see danger coming and they dont move until too late. None of these things can possibly be picked up by your type of analysis which purely uses tv cameras footage.

I also thought your choice of player was very strange to do the analysis on. Miller had an absolute howler, there is no defence for a performance that poor. I admit I have a blind spot for Miller in that I have never rated him as a player and think he is possibly the most over-rated player we have ever had. But I dont want to go into another Miller rant (Gersnet gives a collective sigh of relief!) Strikers are easy to judge. The analysis you have done is better suited to defenders or midfielders. I would have enjoyed reading you doing the same thing on Nico for last Saturday, or Barton, where it is easier to miss things they did well or didnt do well in the conjested midfield area. Or for one of the other new players perhaps as we havent seen a lot of them so far.

Welcome to the best Rangers forum out there Driggs!

I must be getting senile,ive read this OP title 50 times and ive just got it.Im a racing fan as well!!!!

You can add me to that. I did think the title was strange, unless you are a racing fan that goes to Hamilton races at the end of June of course. Do you think the author, in whose bio is states he is from the US, is an ex-pat from that area and was very clever/subtle with his title heading?

Driggs, if you are still around can you answer this please?

You can add me to that. I did think the title was strange, unless you are a racing fan that goes to Hamilton races at the end of June of course. Do you think the author, in whose bio is states he is from the US, is an ex-pat from that area and was very clever/subtle with his title heading?

Im not so sure TB,hopefully were about to find out.

Its all Frankies fault.. He came up with the title, did the graphic with numbers and photo of kenny miller, and also "changed some of my americanized terms"

So if you dont like the article, show up at Frankies door and drop off a flaming bag of shit, and ring the door bell and run! :bouncy2:

Frankie McWank

123 E Rubbish Rd

Glasgow, Scotland