Jamie Walker a 'cheat', says Celtic's Scott Brown

Celtic captain Scott Brown described Jamie Walker as a "cheat" after the latter won a penalty in Hearts' 2-1 defeat at Tynecastle.

Walker was challenged in the box by Kieran Tierney and Brown said: "It was a dive. Cheat. What else can you say?"

The Hearts midfielder said: "I knocked the ball on and I've seen him [Tierney] coming out the corner of my eye and felt contact so I went down.

"At the end of the day, I am not the referee. I don't give the decisions."

Brown praised Hearts for their performance, but added: "There is no place in football for cheats and that's been a couple of times here now."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37005041

“We were told the SFA shuts at 5pm on a Friday – obviously, it doesn’t,” said Neilson. “I was surprised a little bit to see Sinclair’s name on the team sheet. What are the rules? Is it as it goes along? “Apparently, if someone turns up at the SFA on a Saturday they can put it through, but we didn’t know that. We know now, so the next time we get a player we’ll register him on a Saturday morning.”

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/defender-krystian-nowak-to-sign-one-year-deal-with-hearts-1-4196753

Did you not know that there is a 24/7 emergency phone now available at the SFA for these cases?

Installed from this season onwards!

Well, it was installled on Friday and the only club who got the info was Scum FC, due to some administrative hick-up at the SFA. The tea-lady on duty will get extra social work because of it and the SFA apologizes whole-HEARTedly to any club who did not receive that info.

"The Hearts midfielder said: "I knocked the ball on and I've seen him [Tierney] coming out the corner of my eye and felt contact so I went down."

Sounds like cheating.

I agree that is a terrible mentality. But a cheat should not be allowed to call another player a cheat with the irony being pointed out.

"The Hearts midfielder said: "I knocked the ball on and I've seen him [Tierney] coming out the corner of my eye and felt contact so I went down."

Sounds like cheating.

Technically it isn't cheating if there was contact.

However, it is exactly what is wrong with the game these days. Instead of honest pros playing hard but fair we have evolved into watching players looking to gain any advantage they can no matter how close to being outside the rulebook it is.

How many goals did van Nistelrooy score for Man U having come from offside positions but not involved until the 2nd phase of play ?

The rulemakers have made some good changes to the rules, but also some howlers. And they are failing to address things such as the above where players take advantage.

An honest man's game being ruined by dishonest people.

As for Broonaldo - he really doesn't do irony does he.