Dave King gives an update.

A lot of good points there DB. You are right re the hysteria that seems to engulf many of us(myself included) we could all do with looking at the bigger picture and playing the long game. Personally, I started to get twitchy when I felt DK was suggesting second would be acceptable. It is not. If it happens I will understand the reasons why and we go again next year. It isn't nor will ever be acceptable, for me anyway.

looking at what we've spent and the squad we have

finishing second is the best we can hope for, we haven't signed anywhere near the required quality to win the league.

wilson keirnan and a 37 year old are our CH options

in what world is that going to be good enough to win the league?

Have we definitely decided not to pursue any loan deal for Dom Ball? Did Spurs decide he wasn't for going out on loan again?

Methinks it was said by those in the know that we have inquired,as well as MW. But MW intimated that others are interested too and can easily match the wages and even pay a loan fee, while his current wages are double as much as our highest earner gets. Or something along those lines.

Would hope that we check the Scandinavian / Czech / Slovak market (and I wouldn't mind 2. BL one either), as well as watching the Olympics and the u23s on display there.

BTW, our defence is but one of our main concerns. Scoring more goals from all those chances we create is another. I would hope that Forrester, Dodoo, Barton, Holt and Windass weigh in with a fair amount goals, much like Barrie and O'Halloran.

Edited by der Berliner

I'm not that old, in my early forties, but still remember in the 80s when we were proper s***e and we had no money with crowds as low as 8k. I don't remember anyone back then sitting back and accepting second best, we understood we were p**h but nobody was happy finishing 2/3/4th. We have never accepted second best in our history. I am baffled as to why some fans would be happy to finish second?.

I am 20+ on you coop and I remember being able to sit and watch games and that was on the terracing but the hype we have nowadays was not the same as going to the game was a Saturday thing to meet mates and enjoy oneself.

Can't put a date on it but when the current frenzied attitudes came about thing deteriorated IMO.

I am 20+ on you coop and I remember being able to sit and watch games and that was on the terracing but the hype we have nowadays was not the same as going to the game was a Saturday thing to meet mates and enjoy oneself.

Can't put a date on it but when the current frenzied attitudes came about thing deteriorated IMO.

nah........remember the NE terracing at the edge of the shed that's now the Sandy Jardine. We used to go mental there. Big kerry oot and we were only about 15/16. Guys pishing where they stood, back of your denims steamin' from it. Bottles and cans whizzing. Baying for blood. used to talk about the game all week at school in the build up to every Saturday. My experience was obviously different from yours....mid '60's

Started going in 63 getting nineteen bus from Drumchapel to Govan and walking up Broomloan Road.Used to meet schoolmates at an area oppsite eighteen yard line in what is now Sandy Jardine stand and by coincidence my ST seat is not far from that area.In good weather we used to go round to Broomloan end and as I said in earlier post sit on terracing and watch games as crowds were so poor at times.