Today's Transfer Rumours

he's not that young. he's 25. thats not young.

Not in absolute terms but for a keeper 25 actually is quite young, especially as a keeper generally can play a few years more than an outfielder.

West Ham need to get relegated before any clause can be triggered ;)

But as much as id like West Ham to punt him on id rather it not be to Ibrox as I dont rate him at all, he has butter fingers of the highest order.

Whats Man U doing with Ben Foster?? If they arent taken him back then we could take him for a year but if he does return to Old Trafford we could have Kusazuck (sp)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit worried by the continual suggestions that Celtic want to sign Brown and are ready to outbid us. I think he could make a real difference to our midfield, so i hope we don't lose out on him.

Problem with Celtic is that after the CL, I think they could easily spend 8/9M on a couple of players to further strengthen their squad.

Bit worried by the continual suggestions that Celtic want to sign Brown and are ready to outbid us. I think he could make a real difference to our midfield, so i hope we don't lose out on him.

Problem with Celtic is that after the CL, I think they could easily spend 8/9M on a couple of players to further strengthen their squad.

According to Chick Young it is already a done deal for us but i don't know if that means much.

I agree it would really hurt to lose him to the tims.

The rumours are that Brown has 'verbally agreed' to join us. However this is probably out of the C Young book of reporting so we shall see. I'd be gutted if we miss out on him - especially if he ended up across the city

The Hibs chairman does not want to sell to Celtic as he feels they robbed him with the Riorden deal. The rumours in January were that we had paid 5 mill for Brown and Thomson but Brown had to see out the season. Let's hope that was true.

The Hibs chairman does not want to sell to Celtic as he feels they robbed him with the Riorden deal. The rumours in January were that we had paid 5 mill for Brown and Thomson but Brown had to see out the season. Let's hope that was true.

That would be typical of Rod Petrie, i.e stupid! If I were a Hibs fan I would be more concerned with getting the best price I could rather than feeling bitter about the Riordon deal. At the end of the day, Hibs got decent money for a player who was, give or take a couple of months, out of contract. What more does he want in today's transfer market?

IMO it would be irresponsible of the Hibs chairman not to get the most money and if it's offered by Celtic then he should take it.

That would be typical of Rod Petrie, i.e stupid! If I were a Hibs fan I would be more concerned with getting the best price I could rather than feeling bitter about the Riordon deal. At the end of the day, Hibs got decent money for a player who was, give or take a couple of months, out of contract. What more does he want in today's transfer market?

IMO it would be irresponsible of the Hibs chairman not to get the most money and if it's offered by Celtic then he should take it.

I agree with that but in January 3mill was top money for him so if the deal was then sealed the chairman had done well getting top dollar. The fact that he played well at international level and had a good cup run may have put the price up but if Brown had played crap in the second half of the season the price could have collapsed.