Rangers v Hamilton - Our mission, should we choose to accept it...

Just a thought. The team that is top of the league after week 1 rarely wins it. So I hope we win but do not top the league.

Well I don't want to be meddling in your superstitions but I think there is a fair chance we may top the league in the first week.

But look at it this way. It's rare and perhaps even unknown until it happened to us for a nations most successful side to be sent to it's lowest tier at a stroke then have to battle it's way back.

Rare things happen to Rangers.

For us all 3 points is the priority but I would like to be at the top on day one simply to get in the face of those who it would indisputably torment to see us there. Then be difficult to budge from the top.

Saturday - 06th August 2016 - KO 12:30

Scottish Premiership

Ibrox Stadium

scorangers.pngversus scoham.gif

Referee - Don Robertson

Assistants - Graeme Leslie and Brian Templeton

Fourth Official - Craig Charleston

Observer - George Clyde

Missing - Matt Crooks (rehab), Danny Wilson (suspended)

Live on - Sky Sport 1 and Rangers TV

On a sidenote, and as many parallels are drawn to the Souness era, we ost our first game of the season to Hibs (with Souness send off), won the second 1-0 (vs Falkirk! at Ibrox) and lost the next 3-2 at home against Dundee United (being 2-0 at HT).

Football is like that and we have seen it often enough. Today will be a special occasion and as much as we want us to win, a look at the Accies suggest that hardly any of their players have faced an occasion like today in their careers. Whether they or we strive on that is anyone's guess, but it will sure be intimidating.

Hopefully we can pick up on that like we did against Dundee, hence I asumed that we will start with players who have experienced this atmosphere before.

Edited by der Berliner

On a sidenote, and as many parallels are drawn to the Souness era, we ost our first game of the season to Hibs (with Souness send off), won the second 1-0 (vs Falkirk! at Ibrox) and lost the next 3-2 at home against Dundee United (being 2-0 at HT).

Football is like that and we have seen it often enough. Today will be a special occasion and as much as we want us to win, a look at the Accies suggest that hardly any of their players have faced an occasion like today in their careers. Whether they or we strive on that is anyone's guess, but it will sure be intimidating.

Hopefully we can pick up on that like we did against Dundee, hence I asumed that we will start with players who have experienced this atmosphere before.

You could afford to lose more often then and win the league. The league was stronger and we had 2 points for a win.

I will be astonished if Kranjcar doesn't start. We simply can't afford to have that quality and his wages on the bench unless he hasn't shown up well in training.

Forrester and Miller may well miss out as I think O'Halloran may get a start on the right.

Kiernan and Hill is probably our worst possible combination in central defence. If Hill is not fit then could Hodson play there or do we have a youngster who can step in?

Edited by BrahimHemdani