Rangers v Hamilton - Our mission, should we choose to accept it...

Well, that was underwhelming. A defence that cracks as soon as it is tested and an attack that you can predict will struggle to score. This match adds to my pre-season suspicion that Kranjčar, and Barton, have weakened the best part of the team. Have we really strengthened the team?

I think I would much rather that the manager put Forrester and Rossiter in from the start.

If we achieve anything this season it will require a transformation of the first eleven. That could be a different selection or a radical improvement from those already playing.

Some should lie back a little. We have focussed so much on the defence that people get their hearts beating as soon as someone passes the half-way line. We have always conceeded goals, against good teams and against bad teams. At times you get the feeling it was invented just for this team.

And that aside, we knew what was coming, they had a couple of shots at goal in 90 minutes and made our goalie earn his pay. So what? We haven't signed another defender, so going on about the same topic for the 423rd time won't change a thing. Had we taken our chances (the 423rd time this is mentioend too), we wouldn't need to bother.

Here's Barton's opinion Barton: We’ll Go Again

plus the gaffer

http://rangers.co.uk/news/rangers-tv/video-manager-reaction-15/

Edited by der Berliner

Just back in from the game. I don't really know where to start?. The midfield was not particularly cohesive to be brutally honest. Niko looked disinterested and was looking for too much time. He was summed up on the half time whistle when he sat in his backside for a good minute before deciding to pick himself up and trudge off. He could very well be a luxury(if you can call it that) we can't afford.

Joey Bart looked OK after the second half subs when Rossiter was doing the graft and it freed him up a bit. Other than that, I didn't think he was over impressive and sure as heck wasn't man of the match.

We had Wes and Halliday wanting a square go with each other, at least they are showing commitment. I felt Forrester when he came on changed things going forward too.

MOTM for me would have been Waggy who worked his socks off, although Taverneir had, I felt, a good game too. A lot more questions than answers today and plenty of food for thought. Especially with Waggy out with his hamstring.

Forrester and O'haleron should start next game and Dodoo should be thrown in. I'd also play Rossiter and Windass but to be honest I haven't figured who we should leave out. Kenny +..........?

For Peterhead I'd use ... 4-3-3

Gilks

Tavernier - Kiernan - Hill - Hodson

Rossiter

Halliday - Windass

O'Halloran - Dodoo - Forrester

Give McKay a rest, the season will be long. Gilks will start, Hodson gives us better balance in defence, no matter which fullback you take out.