Lyon V Rangers 2007/08

I did take photo's of the scoreboard as I sat stunned in disbelief thinking I must have over imbibed.

The performance of your namesake that was an absolute masterclass, there used to be a youtube video of Hemdani's performance that night but sadly it's disappeared.

I hesitate to say that the real Hemdani carried us through to the UEFA Final as there were many other heroes, including McGregor (with that wonder save in Bremen) Cuellar (a rock throughout), Ferguson and even the often Lone Ranger J-CD. For me Hemdani's best performance was in the 0-0 draw in the last qualifier for the CL group stages in Belgrade vs Red Star.

They tried (unsuccessfully) to keep us walking round a park during the day and held us in the buses outside the ground till the last minute before KO.

The group of 1000 Rangers were packed into a secure area on the right corner of the ground, guarded by two layers of armed riot police on either side and in front.

Hostile barely begins to describe the atmosphere on a massive European night but Rangers largely managed to cope despite a really early scare.

Their fans made a noise like a train, incredible atmosphere.

I hesitate to say that the real Hemdani carried us through to the UEFA Final as there were many other heroes, including McGregor (with that wonder save in Bremen) Cuellar (a rock throughout), Ferguson and even the often Lone Ranger J-CD. For me Hemdani's best performance was in the 0-0 draw in the last qualifier for the CL group stages in Belgrade vs Red Star.

They tried (unsuccessfully) to keep us walking round a park during the day and held us in the buses outside the ground till the last minute before KO.

The group of 1000 Rangers were packed into a secure area on the right corner of the ground, guarded by two layers of armed riot police on either side and in front.

Hostile barely begins to describe the atmosphere on a massive European night but Rangers largely managed to cope despite a really early scare.

Their fans made a noise like a train, incredible atmosphere.

I recall that day well BH, sitting in the park for hours, thankfully it was a pleasant day. As you say the atmosphere generated by the home side was one of the best I have encountered.

On Lyon, I also took a photo of the scoreboard at 3-0, but phone technology in 2007 wasn't what it is today and it was pretty grainy - at least I knew what it said!

We had been sitting in Lyon town centre in a wee cafe in a square chatting to locals as they passed by, when my mate responds to a Lyon fans request as to a score prediction that we would win easy 3-0. We took the beer off him! Needless to say he has never let us forget it since.

I recall that day well BH, sitting in the park for hours, thankfully it was a pleasant day. As you say the atmosphere generated by the home side was one of the best I have encountered.

I managed to walk out the park on my own and met some fellow Bears in the town, where some guy had miscalculated the exchange rate and had taken 200,000 Dinar out of a machine when he mean to take 20,000, he was acting as a black market banker for a while.

I recall we were held back well over an hour after the match as the police, having swept our end, refused to tackle the ultras on he opposite terracing.